I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Coming Up Quick

Well hello people out there in Blogland. So nice to see you again. [insert cheesy smile] Yes, it has been a while. And yes, I have started the last few posts with almost that exact sentiment. They will probably continue that way for a while. Forgive me? Things are super BUSY here, and I haven't taken the time to write anything. But now I am.

Things are whizzing by pretty quickly around here. Today is Saturday the 19th of May, and we are down to NINETEEN days left in the USA. I feel like this move has caught me off guard. (Could be that it's only been since the end of Feb/ beginning of March that I've known about it...) I feel ill-prepared to be moving out of the country in less than three weeks. I am looking forward to it for sure, and even though God has done some superb lining up of details, I feel there are so many loose ends here...and time is not my friend right now.

I love organizing- don't get me wrong. But I realize I must not be as OCD as I thought, because I am kind of done with that. I have been shopping every day this week, making sure the girls have all the clothes they need, and the hubby too. I have bought all the curtains for our new home in Zambia, including shower curtains. I have cleaned out every box we had in storage, and tried to organize all our crafting items. The decisions to be made now are what comes with us, and what gets stored at Grandpa's house, waiting to eventually, hopefully, be shipped over. Which will probably be everything, seeing as how we have a limit on suitcases...and clothing and shoes are a little more important than glitter and beads. (But they barely edge them out!)

So- I will not be taking any pictures of the current state of our living room and posting them any time soon. You would all be shocked, and I think I would be embarrassed. There are things literally ALL OVER THE PLACE. Packed suitcases, boxes full of things we can't take, stuff we're still deciding about, things we've recently purchased that need to find a home in a suitcase, shoes, homeschooling things we need to dispose of, random bits and pieces to LOTS of items...the list is long. So today I will be trying to get the hoard under control. I need that for my personal sanity.

If anyone has an idea of how to get things to Africa cheaply, I would love to hear about it. There are so many things I am afraid I will have to say no to the girls about, simply because they will not fit in a suitcase.

When we moved to South Africa, there was a container going over, so I could throw on it anything I wanted. I was able to take bedding, toys, any shoes, and kitchen items I desired. I could have taken furniture if I wanted. It was awesome, even if the timing for packing those things was a bit chaotic. Now I feel at a loss. How do I decide what goes and what stays? How many stuffed animals do I allow them to take?

I am dreading the tears...

But I have been reminded that God knows what we need, and He has promised to provide it, if we are giving and obeying. I love this verse from Numbers. Kind of seals the deal, doesn't it?

"God is not a man, that he should lie; nor the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19


[I have to admit I watched Monsters Inc. shortly before reading and loving this verse, so every time I read the chapter and verse, I find myself shouting in my mind "2319!! 2319!!". Thought you'd want to have the same problem. You're welcome.]

I am trusting the Lord that all will be well. Decisions WILL get made. Things WILL be organized eventually. The girls WILL learn what is really important. We WILL get on the plane and look toward a new life in Zambia. And God WILL be glorified through happy hearts and good attitudes. (Assuming I can cajole those out of my girlies.)

So would you pray for us please? There are LOTS of decisions to be made. The Lord is gracious, and so good to us. I know He has a perfect plan and will for us, and He has brought together so many things in Zambia regarding our house, that I know He is providing. Though I am finding the closer it gets, the more my motivation wanes. It will be great to get settled over there and not have to organize anything else!

Oh wait, we have to set up house and unpack....well, maybe by then I'll feel like doing it all over again. One can certainly hope!

2 Comments:

  • karly

    Aw, come on! In the spirit of keeping it real, we really should see a picture of you living room. :)

    And, I *so* get the crafty items are a close second to clothes and shoes. Maybe you can each give up a pair of shoes and take a box of glitter and beads? :)

    Praying for you and your hubby and your girls, for all that you have requested, and your girls' hearts most especially. God is good, and I know He will see you through to when you arrive at your new home. :) Keep us posted!! Love it when you blog!!

  • jennifer anderson

    well since you have been to africa before, i am sure you didn't forget the sunscreen!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin