I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, February 27, 2012

Moving to Zambia

Well, I guess from the title, you can see that we will be moving to Chipata, Zambia, Africa.

WE'RE MOVING TO ZAMBIA!!!


It sounds like crazy talk to me. Seriously.


[thinks for a moment]

I am trying to think how I feel about all this, and then put into words that you can understand. I think I feel excited, nervous, apprehensive, thrilled, blessed, overwhelmed, and I know it really hasn't sunk in yet.

Right now I am just happy to see the Lord's hand of direction and provision in our lives. It is extremely humbling to know all the people who have been praying for us, and for God to show us what He would have us do. The waiting part is not easy at all. It is my least favorite!

I am a do-er. I like to be busy. But now I have so much to do that I feel like I will never get it all done. I know that isn't true, but it feels like it right now, because the hubby is still there. He starts the trek home less two hours from now, so praying for him would be awesome. Thanks!

There are lots of little details to take care of normally when you move to the mission field, but when you have things in storage in a foreign country and are moving to another foreign country, and there may be things you want to send from the States too, everything gets a little trickier. So if anyone knows any companies that move from South Africa to Zambia, and that ship smaller things there from the States, that would also be helpful.

My girls are excited. We have already secured housing, signing a one year lease. The house is MORE than I expected, with four bedrooms and three bathrooms. Of course there is no kitchen to speak of- an empty room right now, without cabinets or counters or appliances, but God has always worked the details out, so I am trusting Him. (We also have friends who will be helping on that front.)

It's a wonderfully exciting time. There is another missionary family there from our home church, another one on the way there, the opportunities to reach the Deaf are many, and the people are wide open to hearing the Gospel. God has shown us in many small ways (and several big ways) that this is His will for the next part of our lives, and it feels GOOD just to know that.

So...expect lots more posts about Zambia, the moving process, and my stress levels. You can ask me questions if you want about things over there, and I will do my best to answer them. I don't know a lot, so I may be learning along with you, but I know the info exists!!

Please, please continue to pray for us. That is the best and most important thing you can do.

SO EXCITED!!!

2 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin