I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, August 12, 2011

Life, Life and More....Life

Well, it's been over a month since I've blogged here, shame on me. But life has been busy. Lots going on, places to go, things to do, people to see...


Anyway, here's an update. You know (or maybe you didn't) that my husband's dad has Parkinson's Disease and is bed-ridden. My husband is an only child, and feels a huge responsibility to help his parents as much as we can. I do too. His mother needs to have surgery on her feet, and we both want to see them come to know the Lord as Savior before we go back to Africa.

So, we have made some decisions. We are extending our furlough until January, 2012. It's really unavoidable. They need us, and we believe we would not be honoring them to leave when they need help.

So we're staying. Please pray about our school situation, as I didn't bring 3rd grade DVDs with me...so I have to figure out something for six months until we get back to SA. We'll be traveling here and there as well, so it's gonna be another long haul I'm afraid, but the Lord is giving us strength and we wait on Him daily for leading.

If you think of it, would you pray for us? Lots of decisions still to be made, and of course answering lots of repetitive questions from different people. Par for the course. Thanks friends!

6 Comments:

  • karly

    Oh wow, Julie! Good to hear from you, and it sounds like your life is full! Of course I will be praying. *Sigh*, taking care of aged parents is tough, but such a good way to show God's love to them. Blessings to you, my friend. :)

  • Janice

    Praying! And know the Lord will give answers in such amazing and wondrous ways! In all thy ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct thy paths! Love you Friend!

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    Your parents are blessed to have you guys.Your decision to honor them and extend the love of Our Savior is wonderful.

    Will pray for you!

  • JulieMom

    Thank you ladies! Prayers are so appreciated. God knows exactly what He's doing, He just hasn't told me yet. :0)

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    Praying for all of you.

  • Delicious and Healthy Recipes

    Hi. God bless you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin