I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Anonymity

Have you ever wished you could say anything you wanted, or do anything you wanted, and no one would ever know it was you?


I do.

Sometimes I wish I could say something to a person they desperately need to hear (in a loving way of course) and have them never know it was me, because they would never receive it from me. Though, with some issues I see, they would know it was me for sure because I was:

a.) the only other person there.

OR

b.) the only person they told.

So, that could be problematic.

But really for this issue of anonymity, I was thinking more along the lines of my blog. There are times when I wish I could ask some questions of people out there and put some very specific details into them, and post them here on the blog to get people's feedback. But then I think about my picture being on here in the sidebar, and this thing being linked to Facebook when I post, and suddenly I don't want to ask those questions anymore.

Does anyone with a blog know what I mean?

They aren't bad questions, just things that are personal. Or personal to my family. Or my church. Or specific people I know. And I can't go around throwing that all over cyberspace, now can I?

Can I???

No, I cannot.

I will not.

But, I may need some listening ears who are willing to give me honest feedback and not look at me all one-eyebrow-raised-head-cocked-to-the-side kind of deal. Because I don't think I could handle that. And the questions aren't even that hard. At least I don't think they are...

Anyway, invisibility is another super power I wish I possessed, but I don't. Oh well.

And flying.

And forever thin-ness...

6 Comments:

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    I think we've all wished we could be completely anonymous or invisible at one or time or another.

  • Nomad

    I know exactly what you mean. I've often wished I could ask for prayer for something, but can't because simply asking for it would give too much away. So, I go to our Saviour alone- which is probably what He wanted me to do in the first place. :-)

  • Chelsea

    Delurking to say yes, I know exactly what you mean! This is why I no longer have a public blog - rather, I've opted for a friends-only blog on livejournal where I can ask those kind of questions :) god bless you!

  • karly

    So understand! Hey, email me anytime! You don't know me and I don't know any of your peeps. :)

  • Paula

    I do know what you mean.... You can ask me questions whenever you want. I'll be honest...or too honest. :~)

    I also want the flying and forever-thinness superpowers!! :~)

  • JulieMom

    Ok people, I may be sending you all an email with my questions, so you can answer me in private. :0) Thank you for the encouragement!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin