I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

God is in the Details

So Aunt Bossy and I went out to find me a winter coat yesterday. Not too successful. We went to a horrid store where all the sizes are wonky. I don't like criticizing stores directly, but the name of the place rhymes with Curlington Boat Tactory. You might be able to figure out where we went.


Yeah, not going back.

Anyway, since we were already in the mall, and the hubby sent me on a mission to find a blender, we walked around a bit. And of course we pass CJ Banks. (Can I say I heart that store big time?) I wasn't shopping for clothes. I wasn't even looking at that store. Didn't plan to go in. At all. And yet...I walked out of there with no less than six new tops (all from the clearance rack) and a big old smile on my face.

But the smile wasn't even about the clothes. It was about a conversation that happened at the register.

Want me to tell you all about it? Ok, I will.

So, Aunt Bossy and I are getting ready to check out with all the loot I found, (and giggling about Baby G's diaper filling abilities) when we talk about something related to South Africa. Don't even know why we mentioned it, but the cashier asked how long I had been there, then how long I was here for.

Then, on her own, she used the word 'furlough'.

Ding ding ding!! This person knows something about missionaries!

She casually mentions that her sister is a missionary in Canada. Working with BMM (Baptist Mid-Missions).

So a light goes on in my head and I ask if she was working with the Indians there. (The cashier says yes.) Then I ask what her name is. (The cashier tells me.)

Then I yell "Get OUT!" (At this point I am violently shaking my head.) "I KNOW HER!! She was influential in my life, and a major reason I went into missions! NO WAY! She spent a whole summer at our church when I was a young pre-teen or so, and we even were pen pals for a while. NO WAY!!!"

She is equally as shocked. (Though I'm not sure if it's from the fact I know her sister, or the way I'm screaming my head off in this quiet store.)

She confirms it's the latter when she tells me she has goose bumps. And it's a God thing.

So she gives me her number, and I give her my email and number. Unbelievable.

Seriously, what are the odds? Not even planning to go into that store that day. Never intended to mention the mission field, and never ever in a million years did I expect to hear about someone who influenced my life in such a huge way, and get her number.

God is SO in the details. And this is proof He delights in surprising and blessing His kids.

2 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin