I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Update

Hello there friends, relatives, people I don't know who read this blog for some odd reason...just wanted to update you guys on how/what we're doing right now.

We are currently in NYC with J-Man's parents. His father is improving a little, but is battling pneumonia, water in his lungs because of that, kidney problems, and being tired and weak. Keep praying for him to recover so he can come home, and also that we would have a chance to share the Gospel with him again. He is not awake very long, so it's hard to have a conversation with him.

But we keep praying!

We are doing well. Waking up at 4:30 has tapered off I hope. This morning it was 6:30, so that's an improvement. The girls have been tired, and eating everything in sight. Is it normal for kids to eat so much when they get back to the States?!? Really, I'm wondering if they contracted a tape worm or something on the plane. :0)

Well, I can't stay here long because we're at McDonald's. Did I mention there's no internet at the in-law's house? And no car? We've been walking everywhere. It's good for us, but tires out already tired girls too easily. Twenty minutes one way to the hospital. Ten to fifteen minutes one way to the grocery store. People with cars are spoiled!

They all got new shoes yesterday, so that was a blessing. And guess what? They had all the sizes we needed, and they were reasonably priced! And I feel good about the quality of the shoes too. Yay for us!

I've already said I can't stay long, so I will be signing off now. Hopefully we'll make our way home soon and be able to unpack all the suitcases. It drives me crazy living out of them. It's nuts! Too much stuff, and they all look the same, so I don't know where anything is. Soon we'll get settled.

We're looking for a car too. We have no idea how we're going to get home, just that we need to sometime soon. I'd like to attend my family reunion Sept 3rd, but no idea how I would get there either. So please pray God would work out the details for us. We know He will.

Thanks for praying, friends!!

3 Comments:

  • marylittlebit

    Thanks for the update! :)

  • Luanne

    Wow, Julie. Just got all cought up. I am so sorry about all the chaos in your life. Transitions are hard enough without trauma to deal with too. Hang in there. God is working in all of this somewhere. I will pray for you and your family.

  • Herding Grasshoppers

    What a hectic time you've had.

    How is your FIL doing? And how's your husband holding up?

    Praying for your peace and comfort in the middle of the storm.

    Julie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin