I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, August 12, 2010

One of THOSE Days

Well, friends, it's been one of those days.

I was up late last night watching my hubby pack [because frankly, I've had enough] and thinking about how we were going to finish everything that needed to be done. I was trying not to stress, and did a pretty good job. Although the lack of sleep and long days was making me kind of crabby.

Kind of.

Well, the hubby tried to wake me around 6 AM, but I ignored him and slept a little while longer. He succeeded in waking me up a bit later, and shocked me with the news that his dad was in the hospital, and had been in a coma.

I'm sorry, what?!?

Am I still asleep? Please tell me this is just a bad dream...please!

Nope. Harsh reality indeed.

So, the morning here was spent trying to contact our travel agent to change flights around (sorry for waking you in the middle of the night your time there) and succeeded. She had to wait for the wholesaler to contact her back, and they would only open at nine or so in the morning.

Well, there was still packing to be done, so the hubby and I tried to focus on that until it hit a decent hour to phone his mom. His cousin emailed us a while later and let us know J-Man's dad had a heart attack and was having liver problems. He was more responsive than the previous night, which was good, but it was still not good. Ya know?

So we tried to call his mom, and wouldn't you know it? Our internet refused to work. Would. Not. Call. Through. Skype. At all. Wouldn't let me open emails. Wouldn't let me Facebook. Nada.

Talk about frustration.

So, we continued to pack. And I did laundry. And cleaned out the fridge. And never once changed out of my pajamas all day long. And I went to the neighbor's house. Go. Me.

Isn't it interesting when you have lots of plans? You know, tomorrow is our moving day. We have a truck coming, and people to help, and everything was going to go so nice and smoothly. And then we were going to have three wonderful weeks in Greece to spend together as a family with no stress, and getting to meet new family the girls and I had never met. I was looking forward to it because the past month or so has been hectic to say the least.

Plans scratched. Trashed. Tossed aside.

Needless to say I was stressing a little because I had no idea what time a flight would work out. Whether it would be J-Man only, or if all of us would get to fly together by some miracle. Either way, that put a big question mark over what would happen to moving day.

And then I also remembered our church people. They have been having top secret meetings for at least six weeks, and I know they have something up their sleeves for Sunday. I could not in good conscience leave them hanging. So J-Man and I discussed it, and decided I would stay with the girls at least until Sunday to be there for their surprise. But he will miss it.

My heart is hurting here, people.

So, to make a long story short [too late!] we now have tickets for J-Man and Book Worm to fly out tomorrow night, [praise the Lord there were two seats available] and the rest of us TBD at a later time next week. After Sunday.

I don't like all the separation, but J-Man needs to be home as soon as possible. His Dad needs another chance to accept Christ as his Savior. I need to be here for our church people. Our girls need the assurance that although it's been a crazy day, and that Mommy has been short-tempered, that God is working all things out for our good and His glory.

Would you please pray for us?

6 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Oh Julie- I am so sorry to hear about Jimmy's dad and all the complications. I will ABSOLUTELY be praying, big time!! I will have the house ready for whenever you need to arrive here- Please Skype me anytime so we can talk- I love you!

  • jen

    praying! so sorry that an already crazy time has gotten crazier…

  • Suzanne - Daughter of the King

    Julie - I am praying right now as I am reading. And my father accepted the Lord right before he went home to be with Jesus!! God is ever so faithful and knows that He has it in the palm of His hands. I too pray that you rest in Him no matter how much the wind blows and the waves crash about you!! God bless you. Praying for traveling mercies for all of you!!

  • Herding Grasshoppers

    Oh, praying for you now. For peace and comfort and details.

  • Travels With Uncle Sam

    Yes, I will pray.

  • Rhonda in Chile

    So sorry to hear about your father in law. And the changes that must occur, although they may seem insignificant in the light of eternity. I know that you were looking forward to going to Greece.
    I hope our paths cross at some time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin