I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, June 04, 2010

Chocolate You Need

The girls and I were in the mood to do something in the kitchen, and I wanted it to be something quick and easy. They didn't really care what we did, as long as it tasted good. So, I scoured my recipes and came up with nothing. Then I went through some files I had saved in Word, and BINGO! Found the perfect thing.

Are you ready for this? It's homemade Peanut Butter Cups. That's right! No more shelling out money for Reese's. (This is really a post for you, Sister.)

What You Will Need:
Paper mini muffin cups
Melting Chocolates (I recommend the disks or Magic Melts)
Microwave safe bowl
Spoons
1/2C Peanut Butter
1/4C Powdered Sugar (icing sugar)
3T Graham Cracker Crumbs
Pinch Salt

What to Do:
1. Set out your mini muffin cups on your work space in a single layer. You may want to place wax paper or a tray of some sort underneath in case of drips.

2. Melt your chocolate in the microwave until it's totally liquid. (Do this in thirty second intervals, stirring after each.)

3. Using a small spoon, place some chocolate in a muffin cup. Spread it up the sides all the way to the top, trying not to let it spill out. (This will make it hard to peel off the paper to eat them when it hardens if it spills out over the edge.) If it seems too full at the bottom, just pour the excess chocolate into the next muffin cup. When all are filled, set them in the fridge for about five minutes to harden. (I'm thinking they'll eventually harden if left on the counter too, then you don't have to deal with the sweating after they come out of the fridge...just a thought.)

4. Meanwhile, mix up the peanut butter filling. This would include the PB, powdered sugar, salt, and graham cracker crumbs.

5. When your cups have hardened, remove them from the fridge, and fill each with some of the peanut butter filling. Make sure you leave some space for more chocolate.
6. When all are filled with peanut butter, melt your chocolate again if it needs it, and cover the peanut butter with more chocolate. This will seal the peanut butter inside. Place them back in the fridge for five minutes or so to harden.

7. Peel off the paper and enjoy!! They are so easy. My girls ended up doing most of it themselves because I was called out of the house to check on a friend's house alarm. They did a really good job on their own.

These will be great to make as part of a goody tray for Christmas time, and also to give out as hostess gifts, or birthdays or whatever. Yummy!! Give them a try, you KNOW you want to.

3 Comments:

  • karly

    I *SO* wish I lived right next door to you. Because I would just come on over and, uh, see how you are doing! Yeah! That's it! (And then pray you would offer me one of those yummy peanut butter cups!) :)

  • Rhonda in Chile

    I love peanut butter cups. And now that Walmart bought out our supermarket, we can now buy Great Value peanut butter cups. Yum, and less work.

    Actually, when we make them, we make them into squares. Not as good looking as yours, but darn good!

  • Paula

    I think I HAVE to make those this weekend!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin