I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Reversible Patchwork Skirt Tutorial

Top Photo: side one Bottom Photo: side two
I was thinking the other day that I wanted to try making a reversible skirt. The material I use to sew with here is pretty thin, and I can always see through what my girls are wearing. And slips just aren't available. I figured making a skirt reversible would take care of that problem, and would be more versatile.

I just had to figure out how to do it!

I must admit it took me a while to figure out the dimensions of each square. The skirt this makes is not a twirly skirt. I have yet to try one of those. It's an easy rectangle-turned-skirt shape, and hangs like such. A bit poofy, but it's cute. If you want to download the .pdf click here.

I decided to try and make a .pdf because it is SO much easier to get uploaded than a million pictures onto this blog. Also, you can save it in your computer if you want to, and look at it whenever you like. Hope you give it a try!

Love Bear wanted hers "old fashioned-y".
Top Photo: side one Bottom Photo: side two

3 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    A-dorable!! You must show me this one when you are home.....

  • Marilyn Beaucariche

    Hi Love the puffy look of this one. You are seriously onto something, look my Hubpages patchwork skirt,under mandybeau1 its interesting too in its construction, like yours it self lines.
    Was thinkg though, have you thought about making two circles and reversing these, then just putting hooks at the back, like those rock in roll skirts.

  • TW-US

    How creative!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin