I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, May 24, 2010

New Blog Title, Same Great Place

So that was lame. I'm okay with it.

I decided to change the name of my blog without changing the url. I have been thinking a lot lately about all the things that I do as a mom, and the phrase "jack of all trades" came to mind. So I thought it was appropriate to tweak it a bit to "Mom of all trades". And of course I had to throw the Julie in there so you didn't think you'd gotten lost on the information superhighway.

Now, I am truly striving for balance. I don't want to be "Mom of all trades, master of none", which would mean I have my hand in a lot of things, but do none of them well. That would not be a very good testimony now, would it? I want to keep my home well. I want to school my children well. I want to have a close relationship with my Savior. I want my husband to know I love and support him. I want to be excited about teaching the Bible to others. I want to improve my sewing, cooking, baking skills. And pass them on to my daughters.

So it's all about balance.

And that's not easy to find. Because in the midst of striving for excellence in all these things there is also Facebook, this blog, personal emails, guitar playing, fellowship... many things that steal my attention. Not that those things are wrong, but every thing has its place.

I am hoping since my little revelation a few days ago, that with the new design will also come a new and refreshing attitude of transparency and honesty. The good, the bad and the ugly. Can I count on you to help me keep it real?

Have a blessed day!

5 Comments:

  • karly

    LOVE the new title and new look! And, of course, you have my support to keep it real! Blessings to you as you chronicle how you seek balance while honoring our LORD in all that you do! Looking forward to gleaning wisdom from your experiences! :)

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    I was going to say, there must be something in the water, but you're on a different continent.

    How about this: Great minds think alike.

  • JulieMom

    Thank you Karly! I knew you'd be with me. I'll try to share wisdom, as I get it...as I'm open to it.

    Terry- The water travels...currents in the ocean and all. you never know!

  • Brenda

    I like it too! Great title. And it's so true--being jack of all trades and master of none is not good. I think I've beent that before....:)

  • Janice

    Like it ALL!! Look, Title and especially the Keepin' it real! LOVE the new ticker! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin