I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Do You Ever Get the Feeling....

...that you're a whole lot weaker than you thought? That if something tragic happened to you right now, this moment in your life, that you wouldn't be able to handle it? That you're lucky to be plodding along through the daily grind without any added stress? That you are just in desperate need of fellowship and being ministered to?

I've been in that place for a little while now. Feeling fragile, weak, open to the elements.

Struggling to drum up excitement for all the ministry things that have to be done, wishing school were done for life instead of only this year, preferring to lie in bed in the afternoon instead of wash the dishes from breakfast and lunch, thinking it would be nice to have a door I could lock and no one would know I was on the other side...

I'm hoping this is hormonal and will soon pass. Would you please pray for me?

Just trying to keep it real. Hope you're in a better place today.

5 Comments:

  • Paula

    I understand, and will be praying for you Julie!

  • jen

    praying for you! I have days like this, too…and I just have to remind myself that I'll feel better tomorrow. or the next day. Hope you find some joy today, my friend!

  • Sarah

    I absolutely know the feeling, I will pray for you.. this will pass!

  • WendyMom

    Sweet Friend- With all you have on your plate right now, this is completely understandable. It will pass- you have too much of a naturally upbeat personality for it to last too long! God is faithful to meet us right where we are- I've been reading more and more Psalms lately- and the ones that have really ministered to me are Psalm34, 56, 91, and 103.

    The whole mood at FBBC is somber right now- there have been so many deaths lately- Carissa's being the topper. Past or Grace asked for prayer from the pulpit last night for himself, as he's "feeling down right now"- Our "family" is suffering, of course you are feeling it.

    I love you so much- I wish you were here for a big hug! I am sending you one today....

  • JulieMom

    Thanks ladies! Sometimes you just get overwhelmed. It's never a bad thing to remember that you're weak and helpless.

    God is big!

    Woke this morning with the dreaded tired and depressed clouds GONE. Thank you for praying for me. I love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin