I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lazy Days of Summer

Sometimes I wish I could move to the beach for the summer. I am not a big city girl, seeing as how I grew up very close to Amish country in Ohio. I like to see farms when I drive from one town to the next. I like the slower pace of small town life. But we live outside a huge city, with millions of people around us all the time. There can be, at any given moment, an accident which causes the highway to back up for miles, or just everyone wanting to go the same place at the same time. Which also causes traffic to be backed up for miles.

And I must admit that sometimes ministry things overwhelm me. There is always something to do, and it seems there are never enough people or time to get it all done.

And sometimes, I will admit, I just want to be lazy. When it's hot outside, (like it is now in the summer here) I find myself wishing the Prince would sms (text) me and say he's bringing home dinner because it's just too hot outside for me to cook. And I find this happening almost every day. My wishing, not the actual happening of it.

Bummer.

And I find myself wanting to give the girls the day off school so they can go play outside. But we can't do that every day. After all, there is a schedule to be followed, and we get days off sometimes because there's no power. And we do DVD school.

So, I am trying to rouse myself into an excitement over things that must be done. I am trying to have the Lord help me keep my eyes fixed on the end goal, and not just the details in between.

But if someone asked me today to move to the beach, I wouldn't hesitate one minute. And I would leave the school books here! And we would eat out every night. At least on the patio, where we'd have a gas grill. And the Prince would do all the cooking.

I think the heat is getting to my brain.

2 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    If you flip the summer for the winter, and being hot for being cold, this post could be about me right now too! I think it is the mid- school year blues. I have talked to many home schoolers the last few days who describe being tired and out of sorts with school right now- chin up! Will pray for you!!

    Of course, I would also join you on the beach in a heartbeat!

  • Brenda

    Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin