I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Little More Detail

Yesterday I wrote about an event at church and my response. Thanks for your kind encouragement. I did want to clarify a few things, however.

The woman who's child was involved has been attending our church for over a year. She had never brought her son with her until this past month, and I didn't even know she had one. He had always been mostly quiet and hadn't disrupted anything before, though he always did refuse to come to our kids' class. She and I have spoken many times, and she has asked my advice on several things.

So it wasn't like this lady was a first-time visitor with whom I had no relationship. I would NEVER have done what I did to a visitor! I would scare them away for sure! :0) But, like someone mentioned in the comments, the Lord must have put the thought in my head to do it, because normally I am very hands-off unless asked for my opinion. Especially in regards to people's children.

It will be a good thing, this talking about child training. I don't expect it will be without frustration, questions, and mistakes, but that's part of the beauty of learning together. As we all depend on the Holy Spirit to lead us, it should turn out to benefit everyone involved. I would covet your prayers as I begin this series with them. When I have the first lesson completed I will post it here. I pray it will be a blessing to all of us.

Have a wonderful day! The girls and I are hosting a tea party this afternoon (which they know nothing about. They just know I am encouraging them to finish school at noon!) and then tonight we're having a cook out with Daddy. I am looking forward to all of it!

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin