I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happenings Around Here

What a thrilling title, eh?

We've had some fun things going on around here and I just had to share with you. Not sure you'll care, but they were interesting to me.

The first is that TODAY Sleeping Beauty turns nine. NINE!! I have an almost-pre-teen!! How did this happen? Wow, she is getting so big. Growing up and making me nervous. Not because of her behavior or anything, but because I can see the little girl growing out of her and being replaced with a young woman. Not that I would hinder her growth, but I am not thrilled of the prospect of her eventually leaving me. I know I'm supposed to be preparing her for that time, and I am, but I am not happy about it. I want to keep my babies with me forever, and protect them from this hateful, mean world. But I can't.
The second thing is that Cinderella and I have been practicing writing letters to each other backwards. In cursive. With our left hands. She is my artsy girl and wanted to try it. So we did! And it's not as hard as I thought. See, when I was a girl my mom taught me to write my name backwards in cursive with my left hand. Wanna give it a try? It's fun!
The last thing (okay next to last thing) is that we got a package in the mail yesterday from a friend in our hometown. She sent us American candy! Things we can't get here, like Skittles, Reese's Pieces, Twizzlers, and M&Ms. What a nice surprise! And just in time for the birthday. The girls were so excited.
The last thing is homemade caramel corn. This stuff is SO GOOD. And it's easy. Although it is probably VERY fattening. I made it the first time for New Year's Eve, and it was a huge hit. So yummy. MMMM. MMMM. MMMMM. If you want the recipe, just ask!


What's up with you lately?

2 Comments:

  • Brenda

    Oh, 9 was very hard for me because I realized we were, essentially, 1/2 way through raising her. It really hit me.

    Don't worry. Nine is still very much a little girl. :) Happy birthday!!!

  • karly

    Fattening, schmatting. That caramel corn looks so good!

    And, that cake looks good, too.

    And that candy does too.

    Hmm. Maybe I should eat breakfast.

    Happy birthday to Sleeping Beauty! So nine is hard? I had a hard time at 6! I'm in trouble!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin