I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The End of an Era

If you are my Facebook friend, then you have no doubt seen me whining the last part of yesterday about my laptop. It died. Again. I received the "blue screen of death" when turning it on yesterday, for no known reason.

I hadn't recently updated or uploaded anything. I didn't turn it off improperly. I didn't drop it on a cement block from forty feet up. I didn't pour a whole mug of coffee over it just for kicks.

I take exceptional care of my computer at all times. The kids don't eat near it, or touch it without washing their hands. Etc etc blah blah blah.

So, any tips or tricks for fixing it? I tried the XP CD that came with it, and other than re-installing windows (which will wipe out all data) there are no other options there. I have been backing up my photos, etc but not documents.

I want to cry.

I think this is the end of an era. I've had this computer since 2005, and the warranty just ran out last July. So if it's a hard drive thing (which we just replaced right before the warranty ran out) I am tired of dealing with it. I am thinking of going Mac (eventually, probably not soon). You can now run windows on mac, so I won't lose all the programs I own, which is cool. Plus you get all the Mac stuff like iPhoto and iMovie which I really would love.

Give me your opinions and advice, please!! I really need it right now.

2 Comments:

  • karly

    No advice or opinions, because I wouldn't know what I would be talking about.

    I will give you a hug across the screen, though, because that just stinks! Hope you get it figured out very soon and don't lose a thing!

  • JulieMom

    Thanks Karly! The hug was very fortifying. I feel like I can face this now! :0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin