I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve Party

We're not really hosting a party where we'll be inviting people, but we are going to make it a fun night for family stuff. I have some fun foods planned, and games, as well as a grab bag and coloring sheets. We may even throw in a project or two. Depending on how long it takes us to make the food...and how tired I am!

Our menu will consist of:
1. Homemade pizza rolls
2. Phyllo triangles: Spinach and feta, AND sausage, potato and feta. Yum!
3. Homemade caramel popcorn
4. Dips and chips (like mexican dip and spinach/artichoke dip)

And I think that's plenty of snacks for an evening of staying up late. No real dinner. I'm okay with that.

For the grab bag idea, I will be using a leftover Christmas gift bag and filling it with envelopes. Inside these envelopes will be activities we can do together as a family. Such as: play Dutch Blitz, or color a picture together, or dance crazy around the room for ten minutes, or make a New Year's crown, or make a candy necklace, you get the idea. We'll pick them out of the bag one at a time once the previous activity is done. Should last quite a while!

Then, we'll be getting out sleeping bags, pillows, snuggling buddies, and watching movies. This may be interspersed with the activities in the envelopes, or we may just give up and snuggle when people start getting tired. Or cranky.

My girls have no idea I am planning this, and I am glad!

I like surprising them.

Now, if I can just get the Prince to not roll his eyes at all the projects...

2 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin