I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, December 04, 2009

I'm "SEW" Crazy!

Well, let me just tell you about the last few days at my house, shall I? Remember how I decided I would make a lot of gifts for Christmas? And that a lot of those would be sewn? When I had this bright idea, I didn't own a sewing machine. I knew the church in Chloorkop owned two, and that I could use one. So that was covered.

THEN I found out I couldn't bring one home until all the college students were gone. Why is this a problem when Christmas is still 21 days away? Because I had the bright idea that I would join our friends in making things to sell at the Urban Market this month.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I am a fool.

So I had a deadline of everything I wanted to sell being finished by Dec. 5th. Which is now tomorrow. So I made like a hundred little headbands, and decided I also wanted to sell some earrings and handbags.

Yes, handbags.

What do you mean bags with linings are a little challenging for a newbie sew-er?

And what do you mean that seam-ripping could take up to two days' worth of time if I make a lot of mistakes?

Again, I'm not sure I'm understanding you, but when you say my new sewing machine should sew the stitches on top of the fabric so I can see them, and my machine doesn't, does that mean something's wrong with it?

So many questions that no one answers.

*sigh*

But I decided to press on, and do my very best. There are some great helps online for people like me who hate to sew with a pattern. I prefer much more to just measure, cut, and sew. And that's just what I did.

Here are the bags I made in the past two days, all the while keeping up with cleaning, and cooking, and school, and church...BUSY!
And I must admit I was a tad crabby. But the family has graciously tolerated me, and the girls begged after ever single bag for me to let them have that one. No, that one! No- I like that one best!

So, what do you think? Did I do okay for a newbie? They all have a lining, some have pockets on the outside, and I got really daring and put a border around some.

Let me have it. After the busy days I've had, trust me, I can take it.

5 Comments:

  • Brenda

    Rachel will love me for this---and she is a really good seamstress with her own Etsy shop and everything.....but your bags reminded me of this:

    http://theotherhuse.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-was-sew-not-paying-attention.html

    Yep. Yours look good!!!! :)

  • God Of Bacon

    The God of Bacon send blessings, good tidings, and stuff like that.

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    They look fantastic.

  • karly

    They are SEW cute! :)

    Way to go! Now go sleep!

  • Suzanne - Daughter of the King

    Wow - I want one...do you send to Missouri? Just kidding - but they are lovely and you did a GREAT job. I hadn't stopped over in a bit, I'm so glad I did today!!

    God is just so amazing. We, too, are making gifts this year. And I love that you have your list and are scratching it off. I might borrow that. But then...they might know?!? Although, most don't read my blog. Anyway!!! You've inspired and encouraged me at the very same time!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin