I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Our Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful time Thanksgiving Day. The Prince gave us a great devotion to start off our morning, and it was fun to hear our girls find millions [maybe I exaggerate just a tad] of things to be thankful for, even though we're far away from family and many friends. It also wasn't as hot as I anticipated, and I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I didn't have to cook the turkey. Praise the Lord for small favors!

All the food was delicious, [the stuffing totally rocked! Thanks Rhonda!] and the fellowship unbeatable. I have to admit that our decorations were very cute as well. The table looked sweet, the pom poms were perfect, and the things the girls and I made together added just the right touch to make the day. Here are some photos.

The Appetizer/Drink Table

Mini Pecan Pies

The Main Goods

Fruit Tarts

The Table Stuff

View of all the Pom Poms

A Whole Flock of Stuffed Turkeys
Are you digging Sleeping Beauty's new 'do? I love it!


So, how was your Thanksgiving? Did you find things to be thankful for other than just the food? I'm sure you did. You can even list a few in the comments if you feel the need. :0)

2 Comments:

  • Rhonda in Chile

    So glad all went well! We had a great time, too. But we didn't have the pompoms! Too bad.
    Our food was awesomely traditional. The weather has been unseasonably cool, so that was great.
    Bring on Christmas!

  • JulieMom

    Rhonda- I'm so glad you had a great time. Traditional food is nice, isn't it?

    I love the Christmas season and all it stands for, but it's SO HOT here I just can't get in the mood...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin