I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Finalized Menu

The Thanksgiving menu has been finalized.

Aren't you so happy for me? Har har...

We will be having:
Turkey,
This dressing (with walnuts and cranberries added. And perhaps sausage. Any comments about that?),
gravy,
mashed potatoes,
raspberry cheese log,
mini pumpkin pecan pies,
some chocolate caramel cake thingy my friend is bringing,
fruit tarts,
rolls,
drinks (which may include a homemade peach lemonade that I recently found a recipe for), deviled eggs,
corn casserole,
and some green vegetable.

So I guess it's not totally finalized. What can I make that's green? And NOT green bean casserole, which I am not a fan of. And neither is my family. I think it's the mushroom soup that does them in. I'm not sure what my problem is. Probably the onion on top. Yuck!

Tomorrow I will be posting all our decor ideas for the big day, projects we've done to make the dining area a little more festive, and some other project ideas we may or may not get to, depending on time. I have a girlfriend outing tomorrow in the AM then church in the afternoon. So we'll see how time goes...but I'm gonna try to do them all!

So, what's on your menu?

3 Comments:

  • Brenda

    How about this? http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/spanish_green_beans_a_yummy_thanksgiving_side_dish/

  • Rhonda in Chile

    How about a seven layer salad? Its cool. You make it the day ahead. It has bacon and cheese. Need I say more?

  • JulieMom

    Brenda- Sounds interesting...but I'm scared for Thanksgiving..I'll try it another night.

    Rhonda- Never heard of it! But now I'm going to Google a recipe. Is it a hot dish? (I'm assuming here...)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin