I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, November 06, 2009

Back to the Crafts- Finger Print Art

I know I posted a LONG time ago about all the crafts we would be doing this year, and how I was going to be posting our results each Thursday, but it has since become summer, and we are spending MUCH time outdoors. Which leaves little time for crafting. I didn't mean to lie to you, honestly.

But yesterday everyone was tired, and it was chilly with the rain we've been having the past few days, so no one wanted to go outside. (Well, I really forced everyone outside for a little while so we weren't sitting all day long. We took a ride/walk/run around the neighborhood.)

When we came back in, we decided it seemed a good day to do finger print art. In case you don't know what that is, it's where you put your fingerprints on paper and draw little details around them to make plants, animals, etc. It's very cute.

You will need:
Ink pads- Various colors if you have them.
Colored Pencils or markers- To draw details.
Paper- Any color will do.
Old Shirts- or smocks.
Soap and water- For clean up.
Fingers- With fingerprints on them.

What you can do is visit this website where you'll see lots of examples. Some of them are iffy- but you'll get the idea. What I did was copy many of the pictures into a Word document, and then I shrunk them down and printed it to give the kids a guide of what they could do. And here are the results.




There are penguins, a turkey, a chick, butterflies, dogs, and even an alien thrown in for good measure. Really the ideas are endless. It keeps them busy for quite a long while actually. But I must warn you to be prepared to throw them in the tub when you're done. They will inevitably get it all over their chins, eyebrows, and foreheads. And feet.

Basically any place that itches while you have messy hands.

But it was fun! What would you make?

5 Comments:

  • REAL ME

    Looks like fun.

  • karly

    I know. Why do we get so itchy when our hands are messy? :)

    This looks like fun. My kids would love it!!

  • M.

    Ed Emberly has an awesome book out with thumbprint/fingerprint art - we got it for Hannah a couple of years ago and still really love it. Cute!

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    My little one will looove this!

  • JulieMom

    It was fun! And messy...but still fun!

    M.- my brother highly recommends him, but I have yet to see any of his books available here. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? (BTW did you see Bakerella's Sesame Street Cake Pops? CRAZY CUTE!)

    Terry- I hope so! Mine did!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin