I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Strawberry Baking Day

This morning I woke up to gloriously cool weather. I was so happy! Every window open, a light breeze flowing through the house...perfect weather to get some summer baking done. When it's hot here in South Africa, it's HOT. And you won't feel like turning on a burner to cook, let alone the oven to bake something! So it's a nice cool morning, and I'm taking advantage of it.

Today I am making strawberry bread. I had never heard of it before, but found the recipe on HeavenlyHomemakers.com and made it last week, but found that one a little dry for my taste. Probably it's due to using all whole wheat flour, but it needed tweaked a bit.

So today when I made the bread, I omitted the melted butter and used sunflower oil instead. And I doubled the amount. It mixed up nicer for me, and looked more like quick bread batter than last time. Thought I'd share the recipe in case you'd like to try it for yourself.

Strawberry Bread

3C whole wheat flour
1 1/2C white sugar
1t baking soda
1T cinnamon
1t salt
2C strawberries (fresh or frozen*) chopped or blended**
1C vegetable oil
3 eggs

1. Blend dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Stir together strawberries, oil, and eggs. Blend well.
3. Add liquids to dry mix. Blend until no flour remains.
4. Spoon into two regular loaf pans (or one large one, like I use) and bake for 45-50 minutes at 350F.
(For muffins, spoon into muffin cups, and bake for fifteen minutes per batch.)
*If using frozen strawberries, let them thaw before blending
**I always blend mine, since my kids don't like chunks.

I just now took mine out of the oven, and ate a muffin. So moist! So strawberry-ish! So yummy! You have GOT to try this recipe now. I am sure it will become one of your new favorites, as it has become one of mine. YUMMY!You could even (if you wanted to make them sweeter- which I don't recommend) dab a bit of cream cheese icing on the top. That is, only if you have some left in the fridge that needs used up. You know, because don't we all have some just lying around?

Let me know if you try them, and how they turn out. Yummy!

1 Comments:

  • Just Jenny

    I gave you an award on my blog! Go over and claim it!!

    I enjoy reading what you are up to!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin