I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, July 24, 2009

Oh- We've Had Some Adventures...

Has it been a week since I posted last? Wow, that really flew by me. I'm usually on top of things around here, and blogging is like my get-away-while-still-in-the-house time. So, I've missed it. But I have been on Facebook. So if you are my friend there, then you already know all about what I'm going to share today. If not, then get ready for a wild ride!

Ok, so it's not THAT wild. I mean, we really did just regular stuff until Monday. We'd had some visitors from the States, but that was two weeks ago. (Can't wait to see Miss Gray on Monday!!) Anyway, let's just get right to the point.

We have a trampoline. My kids LOVE(d) it. It was free. I LOVE(d) it. Then it hurt my child. The love is gone.

The girls were out back jumping, the neighbors had just left from a visit and borrowing books, and I had told the girls to come in and get ready for supper, but apparently they didn't hear me. (That's what I tell myself anyway.) So they went back to get a few more jumps in before dinner.

Literally two minutes after they went back there, Cinderella comes in screaming and saying that Snow White hit her nose on the security wall, and is crying. I run out the back door, and immediately see that it's not her nose at all, but her arm. It's bent. And not at the elbow.

So I scream over the wall for the neighbors to come back and watch the kids "because we've got a broken arm over here!" Then I scoop up a blubbering Snow White and run into the house. I grab a hand towel from the hall closet, an ice pack, and the cell phone.

I call our missionary friend and ask where the hospital is, then jump in the car with the Prince and speed out of Dodge. I was concerned about traffic and that taking a long time, but it wasn't too bad.

Snow White stopped crying as soon as I had picked her up, but kept muttering once in a while "It hurts, Mom." and "I wish I was Cinderella. I wish I was Sleeping Beauty." (Anyone but a person with a broken arm apparently.)

I don't want to get into all of the ER details, etc. because frankly, it makes me tired to tell it all again. Needless to say we ended up being informed her arm was broken in two places, and she would have to be admitted for surgery the next morning because of the angle of the break. (I KNEW it was bent weird...)

So after calming Snow White down (who just wanted to go home already and was NOT accepting the fact she would be in the hospital overnight), we were checked-in and settled.

I am thankful we were the only ones in the room (They are NOT private. Four beds in each, and glass walls) and I actually had a bed to sleep in, so I wasn't too uncomfortable. But I didn't sleep much. I was worried. This had all happened so fast (well, not THAT fast. It took four hours to get admitted etc.) and it was the first time I'd ever had a kid with a broken bone.

I don't wish to ever go through that again.

She went into surgery and I was there to watch her fall asleep (which I don't ever want to do again either, thankyouverymuch) and she came out like a champ. There are so many details that happened between the time we were admitted and the actual coming out of surgery, but I don't feel like sharing them again. Hope you're not too terribly disappointed.

She has been great since, and hasn't complained of pain once. She had a bath this morning, and I am sure it made her feel better. She was pretty itchy before that.

Now I'm going to stop talking about it and just share some photos. I am praising God that everything from the surgeon was covered by the insurance, except for about ten dollars. That's a huge relief, because we've never had a claim before and didn't know what would happen.

God has been so gracious, and provided our needs, and our church family and friends back home have been super supportive and encouraging. It's such a blessing to be part of the family of God! Here are the photos.




6 Comments:

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    Oh my goodness. Those X-ray pictures are worth a thousand words. Praying that she recovers quickly. And I must comment that all this trauma notwithstanding, she looks awfully cute in that picture with her little suitcase. That's definitely a keeper.

  • karly

    Praise be to God for all of His provision in this whole situation!

    And, that one picture of the Prince and Snow White tugs at my heart. Again. (Must be the hormones running around in me....)

    So grateful for you that all is good!

  • Erin

    Not easy! Yuck! So glad she is taking it so well!

  • WendyMom

    Um- those xrays make even ME want to puke.

    Wow- I was praying and praying for you- I wish I could've been there for you in person- please give her a hug from all of us.

    Noah, at the table for supper after he heard about it, "Momma, I wish I could take Sia's place. Momma- I love her." Then he cried.

    Then I cried.

    yup, then we all pretty much cried!

    I love you my friend- and DON"T take this the wrong way- but I love the Prince's goatee. That is very handsome- I'm just sayin'
    Be well- Me

  • impromptu-mom

    Oh, you have our prayers for her swift recovery! Poor Sia!

    Isn't amazing how resilient the kids can be? If I had broken my arm that way, I would have fainted, lol.

  • Rhonda in Chile

    That is terrible! I have always wanted a trampoline for my Ronnie who is always bouncing off the walls anyway. Well, I guess I won't go into debt for a trampoline!

    Hope your sweetie recovers soon and fully.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin