I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, July 03, 2009

Fitness Friday: Helpful Linky Edition

Well, here we are again at Fitness Friday. Today Brenda has asked for helpful links related to Fitness and stuff. I tried my best to find funny links, but came up with nothing. Much.

First of all, I would like to say that I have a new link for healthy recipes. I was thinking the other day that those living with diabetes have to limit their sugar intake, and control the fat in their diets, etc. So I figured I could start incorporating some diabetic recipes into our meal plan, but changing them a bit for my family's needs. I am completely serious. I think this would be a great way to get some new ideas, and also control the calories, etc. that we consume. In fact, this weekend I am going to try this chicken soup recipe.

Here's an article by the mayo clinic about belly fat in women. It tells us the dangers of having too much, and tips for getting and keeping it off. I think it's rather informative and helpful.

There's also a good website I found called 3 Fat Chicks On a Diet. Even though it's a funny title, they really have a lot of helpful information, such as recipes, health and fitness info, food reviews, and a section on plus sizes clothing links. I guess that's because they're fat chicks. Funny.

And last but not least, I thought you could use a little exercise inspiration. If they can go to the gym, and obviously duke it out or have a work-off or something, you can too. Let this give you the courage you need to get it in gear!


Happy Weekend!!!

5 Comments:

  • Giovanna

    Super cute! I think that's a good idea about incorporating some of the diabetic diet into ya'lls. Those poor kids in that picture, they do not look happy
    : )

  • Brenda

    So the lesson I learned from this is.....if you are shaped like those exercise balls stacked behind them, it's time to hit the gym, no?

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    I just noticed the fine print at the end of your post for the first time. 31 pounds lost. That's awesome!

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    I love the name of that site: 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet. Ha!

  • gin

    great links! thanks for posting. my MIL leaves tomorrow so i hope to be back next week :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin