I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bragging on God

Today I really need to take a minute and brag on God. He's done so much for me in my life since I got saved, and He does so much every day, but sometimes there are things He does that aren't even on my radar screen, and I just gotta share.

My friend Erin, who is also my prayer group leader, sent me an email yesterday saying she just had to talk to me and couldn't wouldn't tell me through email this exciting news she had to share. (And she didn't want anyone else to "butcher" the story.) So I was calmly waiting until I could skype her, then I saw ANOTHER email from her titled "Ok, I couldn't wait".

I was interested, to say the least.

I opened the email and read how she was burdened for us regarding our homeschool stuff. (Since we order it, but have to hope and pray someone visiting will be willing to bring it for us since we can't ship it- it will be stolen. And I never mentioned one word to her about the costs involved.) And she was asking people who are in the prayer group, and our Deaf ministry, and anyone who she thinks loves us, if they would donate money to cover the cost of extra baggage and overweight allowances on the plane. She's estimating the cost at about $500. (We have a sweet lady bringing us ALL our stuff at the end of this month.)

So, she asked the missions pastor if they could do a bake sale or something to raise some money to help out. Well, unbeknown to her, our missions pastor took up an offering Wednesday night in the main service! Wow...that was so unexpected. We are so thankful that God would orchestrate things like this.

Now, we have no idea what the offering was, but even if it's not enough to cover it, a family came to her and offered to cover the rest of the costs! Wow!! I am not surprised, because I know the people in our church, and they love on us WAY more than we deserve, but I am just so thankful that God would work things out this way.

We had just had our taxes finished, and they were WAY more than we expected to pay, plus we have to pay these vouchers for this year, and whatever (taxes were never my strong point) so we were getting pretty sapped. Plus we are catching up our tithes since we can't send checks from here to the church, and we finally have everything straightened out so our dear friends can write checks and stuff for us.

Whew!

God is good all the time, and I know that even if He didn't orchestrate something like this, that He would have taken care of us, and we would have been fine. He's been so faithful to us through the years, that I just don't worry about stuff like this anymore. There's no cause, because we serve a great and mighty God who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and is just itching to share...

2 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin