I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food Stuff and Quizzes

We've done some stuff with food around here the past week or so, and I thought I would share some pictures. It's been a busy week. We had a visitor from the US stay overnight, and I always enjoy when this lady comes. Of course we stayed up WAY too late, and I slept horribly (for a reason I can't explain) afterward, so I was pretty worthless today. I mean, I did take the kids to the grocery store so we wouldn't have to use Kleenex for toilet paper, but I didn't do much else.

The kids kept saying: "Mom, you look really tired. You should go lie down."

And I kept thinking: That will never happen while you're all still awake.

So I've had no nap. Oh well. The day is almost over.

Back to the point of this post. [Can you find a point? Would you kindly remind me what it is?] I did get it in gear to make homemade pizza tonight, which we haven't done in a LONG time. If you'd like the recipe, you can go here. It's really great. The only thing I've adjusted is that now I bake them on a cookie sheet for about ten minutes, then transfer them to the oven rack to brown the bottom for a couple minutes. It's much easier.

Another thing I let the girls do was use up the fondant shapes I had made. There were a lot of roses, some various other little shapes, and a blue elephant. I don't know if you can see it well in the pictures, but he's there. And I thought he was pretty cute, if not a little cartoony. Anyway, I made a cake and let them do whatever they wanted to decorate it. The results were quite interesting.

The elephant's wearing a crown.

And last but not least on this fascinating and not even remotely Deep Thought Thursday, are some results from recent Facebook quizzes I've taken. It's actually quite disturbing. The first one I took I thought would be fun and cute, because it was 'Which Anne of Green Gables Character Are You?' I thought the worst result I could get was that I would be Rachel Lynde. I was wrong.

'So at first girls might be distant from you... not only are you very good looking, but you kind of come off as a jerk. Deep down inside you're nothing but a romantic and one of the most patient men. But seriously... what's taking you so long? You're smart and you're a hard worker. Don't throw it all away because you don't have any money. Try to be more resourceful and a little spontaneous. No one wants to wait forever to marry you."

Gilbert Blythe
? I'm a good-looking, jerky male?!? That's not cool. How did that happen?

Then I took another quiz. This was called 'How Girly Are You?' Ready? Wait for it...

Yeah. I thought that was pretty creepy. Good thing I don't put any stock in those things. But, should I be concerned that a few days ago Snow White was sitting in my lap stroking my face, and mentioned that I have a beard like Daddy?



[shakes head] Nah...it can't be that bad...

3 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin