I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, May 01, 2009

Fitness Friday: Lookie Here Edition

This week we are supposed to post pictures of our success, things that have helped us reach our goals (or helped us stay on track), or whatever pictures you want to share if you can. Now, Brenda's post is obviously about what hasn't been helpful for her. I can relate to that post, I'll tell ya. A few weeks ago there, I threw all caution to the wind and ate how I wanted. And I felt gross. I wanted to get back to the gym, but didn't.

The tide turned when the Prince left for Deaf Camp. That week I only ate when I was hungry (since I wasn't cooking big meals) and a lot changed. I felt better, looked thinner, and got myself back on track. With the Lord's help, I won't fall so far off the wagon again.

Today, I am posting a recent picture of myself, since I haven't done that in ages. Here it is.
And here's the last picture I posted of myself for a Fitness Friday shindig.
See a difference? I hope so! It's been months since I've posted a picture. This was the last one that showed my face straight on, and not from looking up. (Which is totally cheating to look thinner, you know.)

And this is a picture of me and two of my girls at the zoo in January of this year.
I know what you're thinking and I agree- I need to let my hair grow out. And I'm trying, really.

There are my photos. Something else I wanted to share with you, is what I've done to make meal organization more do-able. Maybe this kind of system will work for you, or maybe you already do something that works. I think most women have good intentions, but never implement anything really useful.

So, if you follow this link right here, it will take you to another post where it's all explained so beautifully. (The relevant part for you is near the bottom of that post, so scroll down.) I didn't really follow this for a while, and let me tell you- planning meals is a chore if you don't have a system in place. Hope it works for you!

Can't wait to see what everyone else has to share over at Brenda's today. Happy weekend!

9 Comments:

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    You look beautiful in every picture Julie!

    Thanks for the meal tip.

  • Brenda

    So.....I should send my husband away? :)

    I like the kitchen organization thing. Did you see Giovanna's blog this week? She blew me away. I got to get with it. If she can do a month, I can surely handle one week!

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    Nice picture.

    Love the tips on your organizing the pantry post and how you use your recipe box.

  • Luanne

    WOW!! YOu look AWESOME!! Congratulations on all your hard work. It is paying off! I totally know what you mean about feeling gross when faling off the wagon. I am there. I really liked your post about the meal planning. Great idea. I think it could work for me too with a few tweaks. I am going to try it. Thanks! Have a great week :)

  • Giovanna

    You can really tell you've lost in weight in your face! It's always nice to post pictures and get a reality check too. Keep up your good work .

    Do you have someone who is deaf in your family? I have a baby that is partially deaf. If you have someone in your family, I would love to talk
    ( email ) with you. We just found out and are still trying to learn so much.

  • ♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin

    Great picture of you. I checked out your organization skills and it looks awesome. Not for me. I feel organized if I can something in the freezer. Being retired we just don't do much planning except where our next potluck will be.:-)

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    I tried to respond to your comment with an e-mail, but it didn't work, so this is what I said in it.

    The 100 pushup thing came from "The 100 pushup challenge" that I saw quite some time ago on Kat's blog (which I no longer have a link for). But if you are interested, the actual 100 pushup challenge link where it shows you how to ease into it over a period of (I think it was xi weeks) is http://hundredpushups.com/test.html. I just decided I would do wall pushups rather than the regular kind.

  • Denise

    Enjoyed the pictures, you are lovely.

  • karly

    Yes! I notice a difference!!

    I'm gonna click on your meal planning post this weekend. I think you and I think a bit alike! :)

    Way to go on your progress!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin