I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, May 29, 2009

Fitness Friday: Anything Goes Edition


Today I am happy. I've made progress. We made it to the gym once this week, and then the creeping crud took over our house and made all my little princesses miserable slugs. It's the fever-coughing-headache-body-yuck creeping crud. And it's not pretty. Cinderella has been hacking and spitting like an old, worn out coal miner. Needless to say we haven't left the house since Monday.

But- and here is where the good news comes in- since last time I posted a weight loss (which shockingly enough has been WAY too long) I have lost another three kilos [6.6 pounds]!! This is great news, since I haven't been making it to the gym- just working on eating right and portion control. I hadn't even been too strict with my water intake. Thank the Lord for His mercies!

Exercising this week (the one day I went) didn't feel as hard as it has in the past. I didn't think it would be so easy to get back into it, but I really did miss it. Walking went quicker than I anticipated, and Sleeping Beauty and I had a great time doing stretches and ab work together. (Even though she TOTALLY cheated, lol.)

Now, enough with the update. I have some ideas I want to suggest to everyone. For me, I know it's hard to make a goal and stick with it if I'm the only one doing it. I know we're all on different levels of fitness, and weight loss, etc. But does anyone else think it would be helpful to make some group goals? We could do one a week, such as:

1. Try one vegetarian dish this week.
2. Get in an hour's worth of exercise sometime this week.
3. Up my water intake.
4. Talk with my children (or anyone else around) about my fitness goals this week.
5. Make a good food choice when junk is offered.
6. Go to bed on time every night.
7. Plan my meals this week.

Etc, etc, etc. I know if we had a common goal it would go a long way to motivate me to actually do it! Maybe I'm just lazy, or un-motivated. But I can use all the help and encouragement I can get! If you could make some goals for us as a group, what would your ideas be?

Happy weekend everyone!!

9 Comments:

  • Giovanna

    Good for you with the weight loss !
    Congrats!

    I think the one vegetarian meal a week is a good plan. We may try that one out

    Have a great weekend !

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    Congratulations on the 6 pounds, Julie. That is so great.

  • Brenda

    My goal is to remember to not sit down to eat my lunch while reading about your family's sicknesses. y-uck! :)

    That's a good idea! I'll have to think on that one....

    And congrats on the 6 pounds lost!

  • Brenda

    Sorry, congrats on the 6.6 pounds lost. Didn't mean to cheat you there.

  • Erin

    Wow, great job! I'm not sure about a common group goal, since I'm new and all, but I like your suggestions. I'm going to especially try for the 1 hour of exercise in a day sometime this week - my walks are usually 30-40 minutes, so I could up it some!

  • Giovanna

    Julie - Yes, I am the one who asked about deafness in your family. We found out that my baby monkey is deaf in his left ear and are currently waiting for him to get older to do a special hearing test to tell us the percentage of loss. The family is currently learning sign language and I saw something on your web page about your hubby working at a Christian Deaf Camp. I tried to email you but didn't find an email address on your profile page. I would love to get some info on it from you. My email is on my profile page. Will look forward to hearing from you! : )

  • gin

    i love the idea about a group goal! although, the vegetarian meal might be hard around here..we love our meat! i am up for just about anything else, ya know..that doesn't involve revealing my weight in numbers or taking before and after pics of myself, lol!

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    That's a great idea about a group goal, and I like your list.

    Congratulations on your weight loss. Way to go!

  • Denise

    Congrats on your weight loss, that is wonderful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin