I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, April 20, 2009

Fitness Friday: Slacker Edition


Hey everyone! So, since I am the very LAST person to post, (on MONDAY no less) I am sure there will be ZERO comments on this. And I am ok with that. Really, I am blaming the internet in general, and Google specifically. I could. not. log. in. And that's the truth.

Anyway, my name is JulieMom and I am a slacker even in posting about Fitness Friday.

Well, I haven't been too much of a slacker in the eating healthy department, but the exercise? Non-existent. Mostly. I mean, I've still been getting out of bed, and cleaning my house and stuff. But the gym people probably won't remember me.

Or they'll all be making snide remarks about me behind my back the first day I go back.

And I am ok with that. As long as I'm there; that's the important thing, right?

So, my fitness goals are to:

1. Lose weight and look GOOD in my clothes. Not just be able to hide stuff, but HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. That's a good goal.

2. Have more energy. Before, when I was exercising regularly, I had energy to spare. I felt good, and was proud of myself for doing what I had never done before: exercise. Now? Well, I'm proud of myself if I bring all the laundry to the washer myself. That's how slack the exercise has been around here.

Those are my only goals. As I said, the eating habits have changed, and I continue to wait until I'm actually hungry to eat something, and I no longer pressure myself to finish all the food on my plate just because it's there.

While the Prince was away at camp, I didn't really cook. We ate veggies and dip, salads with chicken, and the girls had mac one night when I wasn't hungry. My oldest actually told me I needed to eat. But I didn't feel like it, so I didn't. Cute, she was worried.

I think I have enough fat on my body to go for SEVERAL days with out eating and really be fine. Really.

Anyway, this is my back in the saddle post, and I am going to make it a point to get to the gym- regardless of how far it sets back our school day, regardless of how I hate to get sweaty, regardless of how I look in my gym clothes that are humorously big on me, regardless of how many MUCH SKINNIER women there are at the gym (who walk around the bathroom naked, no less. Ew.)

I. Will. Do. It.

And I know you're all with me. I'm so excited to see all the new people joining, and catch back up with those of you who've been in since the beginning. And I can't tell you how proud I am of all of us for making a conscious effort to get to it already!

Please forgive me for not leaving comments on all your individual posts, but Google really has dealt me a severe blow of frustration today, so if it gets back in my good graces, I may venture back. Know that I have read all your posts, and I am inspired!

I'm just trying to teach Google a lesson today. :0)

4 Comments:

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    You're definitely not a slacker--and YES, you WILL do it.

    Love your goals--especially number 1. Hope I achieve that too. And of course I need to start exercising too. I'm without excuse.

    Glad you're on board.

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    Welcome back, Julie!

    And see? You did get comments!

  • Megan

    Welcome back, fellow slacker! ;-)

    I could go on for a while about locker room etiquette. Honestly, there should be a booklet on it for all new members at the gym or something...yikes. This isn't the worst incident by far, but last week a lady had her 9 or 10 year old son in the locker room with her, right next to my locker. Isn't that a bit creepy?

    Anyway, good luck with teaching Google a lesson!

  • Luanne

    so sorry I missed this last week!! I am also needing to get back to the gym!! I am ispired by your veggie meal ideas! Looking forward to seeing how you did this week! See you tomorrow!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin