I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cinderella's Birthday

This past Saturday was Cinderella's seventh birthday. Isn't she cute?

The cake was a labor of love, I'll tell you. I didn't know how in the world I was going to get dark blue frosting. But I figured it out! I mixed light blue gel with black and TA-DA! Dark blue. Thanks Dad for your artistic nature that helped me figure that out. [And if you knew that already just pat yourself on the back for me, ok?]

I was a little apprehensive as to how the cake would turn out, because there was no way I was going to be able to make gold frosting to match the stars and balls that decorated the cake. But I did have several colors of edible glitter, so I made the cake all sparkly, and I think that carried the star theme. I hope so, anyway.

Anyhoona, the cake in the middle is homemade yellow cake. I've said this before, and I'll say it again- this is THE hands-down favorite for birthday cakes around here. It's light and moist, and the frosting tastes SOO good on it. Plus it bakes up beautifully. What more could you want in a cake?

Sorry- distracted by cake talk. Let's get back to Cinderella's party. The Americans were here to help out with camp, and I was so surprised that almost all of them bought something for Cinderella that she absolutely loved. That was so sweet and thoughtful of them. And she felt really special having all those people around to sing Happy Birthday to her, and help her eat her cake.

Uncle Chris also made curry for her birthday. It's a South African meal that is Indian in background. It contains, beef (or lamb) goulash, peppers, ginger, spices and other things I have no idea of, and you eat it with a flat bread called roti. With your hands. No forks allowed! It's delicious sprinkled with raisins and banana slices. My mouth waters just thinking about it! Yum.

So, here are some pics of the big day, the seven year old, and of course, the cake.

So this was the one place with a tiny smear...

Ok, you can't really see the glitter in this one, but it was sparkly.

I think she was a little excited...

The Lopsided Cake. A JulieMom Specialty.

Blow Baby, Blow!

The Big Seven!

Cinderella,

You are a joy to my heart with your funny personality, your love for life and people, and the sensitive spirit the Lord is cultivating in you. I pray you will continue to develop your talent for art that God has given you, and use it for His glory. You are a wonderful person, a sweet and loving daughter, and a loyal sister. I love you and am very proud to be your mom.

Love, Me

2 Comments:

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    She's adorable, and looks like you did a beautiful job on the cake.
    Happy birthday, Cinderella!

  • WendyMom

    Ya!! So glad to see the pictures- can't wait till the rest get loaded in! We miss you guys- especially at times like Birthdays- but are so glad you're well. God bless-

Blog Widget by LinkWithin