I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow- What a Blessing!


Great Granny Grandma has seen fit to award me (and several others) the Kreativ Blogger Award. How nice! I'm glad she enjoys this blog, even though many times I'm just rambling to nowhere.

Run over and check out her blog as well. I'm sure you'll find, as I have, that she is a sweet, Godly lady who loves to talk about her Lord. What a blessing that she gave me this award. Thanks Granny!

Today I am making pumpkin stuff. Cookies, Breads, Bars....why? Because I cleaned out my chest freezer as part of the Clean Home Carnival, and found two bags of frozen pumpkin cubes in it. When did I buy those? Not sure.

However, I decided today would be a great day for baking and using them up. So I've steamed them and mashed them. Now I'm waiting for them to cool, and looking up recipes for pumpkin on the interweb. Have a favorite you'd like to share? Pass it on!

Oh, but not pie. Because I don't do pie. Anything else is fair game though. Lay 'em on me!

2 Comments:

  • Savannah

    I do have one but not with me at the moment! :( It's a pumpkin roll recipe... I'll try to remember to send it next time I'm in the office! So save that pumpkin... it is delcious... recipe calls for cream cheese inside the roll... yummy!

  • wildcallboys

    Hi Julie!
    I love pumpkin recipes - they are my weakness! Here is one of my favorites...

    Peter’s Pumpkin Delight
    1 can pumpkin
    3 eggs
    1 c. sugar
    1 c. brown sugar
    1 can sweetened condensed Milk
    ¾ tsp. salt
    1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    1 white cake mix
    ¼ c. butter, melted
    ¼ c. pecans, chopped

    Preheat oven to 350. Mix pumpkin, eggs, sugar, milk, and seasonings. Pour into buttered 13x9 pan. Sprinkle cake mix over top and push down into pumpkin mixture, but do not mix. Drizzle melted butter over top, then sprinkle with pecan pieces. Bake 45-60 minutes. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping.

    Hope you like it! Enjoy :)
    Jen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin