I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ok, Prayer Please

Hey, let me take a minute to remind you to get ready for the 'Clean Home Carnival' I'm hosting on April first. Click on the link and find out what's involved. You can do it!

Anyway, today I have some things weighing on my heart.

1. Tomorrow I am teaching my Wednesday night kids' class. (Really teens class) They asked me last week about ancestor worship, sangomas (witch doctors) and things like that. So, I will be addressing those issues. Please pray for wisdom and sensitivity for me, as it is a big part of their culture. Also for protection for my family as I face these issues. I'm sure the spirit world won't be happy about it

2. Lots to do on the mission field, and it is easy to jump in with both feet, regardless of my children's feelings. Would you pray we would have wisdom and that I would know when to say no? I agree with Brenda's post today. Even when things seem mundane, they are to be my first priority. It's easy to get sidetracked and put my kids on the back burner. However, I am VERY aware of others' experiences before me and do not want my kids growing up thinking that the stuff I do in ministry is more important than them. God forbid!!

3. Our missions Pastor is visiting at the end of the month. He will be arriving on the 26th. Would you pray for safe travel for him, and that we would be a blessing while he stays overnight with us? (Yep- another stopover on the way through the Zambia.)

4. Homeschooling: I have a dreamer. She draws pictures on all her papers for school and works VERY slowly. This wouldn't be a problem if she weren't in the same grade as her sister. She also has the "words of affirmation" love language and is very sensitive to rebuke. (Well, verbal encouragement. I don't yell at her. Most of the time.) Any suggestions as to how I can get her to work a little faster and do what she's supposed to instead of drawing? Thanks!

I guess that's it for now. I have just been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with some of these things. Stress makes you re-think things when you've already had peace from the Lord about them, ya know? I just need to do what the Lord is leading me to do, and not worry about outside influences. Maybe that statement makes no sense to you, but I needed to say it for me.

Thanks for putting up with my disorganized thoughts and ramblings.

3 Comments:

  • Brenda

    Your draw-er--(that looked like drawer, as in where you put clothes), she's probably kinesthetic. I went to a training once that said you should have koosh balls available for these kiddos during lessons. They can fiddle with it with one hand while they listen or do their work. One rule--it doesn't go in the air. There were teachers at that training who LOVED having the koosh ball in their hand while they listened and even though it looks like they are not--that's the nature of doodlers. Just an idea...

  • JulieMom

    Good one!! Maybe we'll try that if I can find them here. The drawing and cutting of paper into teeny, tiny little pieces in making me nuts! :0)

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    Looks like I'm a little late with my prayers, but I did pray for your requests. Have been spending so much time trying to get my second blog up to date, have gotten way behind on everything else, especially reading the posts on my Google Reader. Haven't even had a chance to check out your Cleaning Carnival yet, but that's next on the agenda.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin