I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Devil In a Jar

Can you see it? The one that is The Devil in a Jar?
It will call to you when you are tucked away in your bed reading at night.

It whispers to you when you open the pantry to get supper things ready.

It hops off the shelf and lures the graham crackers to follow it onto the counter.

Then when you turn around....

BAM!!


There it is looking at you, waiting for you to eat it.

And eat you will. Because its incessant staring will make you uncomfortable.

And the fact that it's hissing your name makes you afraid the hubby will hear.

(Well, your hubby. Mine's Deaf, remember?)

So you eat it, intending just a little at first.

Just enough for one cracker.

But then you look and four are gone.

And you have succumbed to the gooey sweetness that is Devil In a Jar.

It's deadly.

Watch your back.

And in the States they sell it at Aldis.

Just in case you were wondering.

3 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Yeah- that pretty much sums it up.

    Except here at our house, we eat the devil on S'MORES of all things- 'cuz for sure you need the extra calories it brings to a gooey, melted marshmallow treat. Now who was it that introduced me to that lovely recipe? Oh yeah, it was...

    YOU!

    Weight Watchers thanks you for your support!

  • JulieMom

    Hahaha!! If they would pay me as much as they did Kirstie Ally, you KNOW I would be their spokeswoman.

    But I'm already way skinnier than she was when she started. I guess I'll take what I've got and be happy. :0)

    And keep my Devil In A Jar.

  • Mary

    I thought you were heading for 'Yum Yum'. The name, the colour of the jar the raised position were all drawing me in.

    Have you got a spare cracker - please?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin