I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes.

My girls have said some rather profound things lately, and I thought this would be a good way to leave you while I head off to the beach...please don't hate me.

1. Snow White- Friday night after Bible Club we all stayed after to have a Valentine's Day party with the Deaf college students. We played all kinds of fun games, (and I WILL be posting pics on the ministry website someday soon) and we had good food. Aunt Lu made sloppy joes. In the crock pot. This is something I cannot for the life of me master. I have ruined it, and I mean RUINED, no less than three times. (So feel free to leave a recipe in the comments, ok?) When Snow White came to eat I told her to try her sandwich. I said it was sloppy joes. She gave me the look and said she didn't want to. After encouraging her again she took a bite, then announced "Hey, these are good! Much better than yours, Mom!" I was glad at that point that we were surrounded by Deaf people. LOL.

2. Cinderella- On Wednesday night I teach the hearing kids at Bro. Radebaugh's church. I always take prayer requests, and we have a prayer time together. Well after class Cinderella told me she prayed for Katlehong to be clean on Sunday. That is the place where we use the Deaf school for our church. And it IS filthy. (All my girls can pee standing up now, if that's any indication for you...) I didn't know what to say, because to me, that's like me praying for straight hair- it just ain't gonna happen. Well this morning we got to the school, and FIVE GIRLS were in front of the first building SWEEPING UP GARBAGE. And inside the large room we use no less than SIX GIRLS were MOPPING THE FLOOR. Cinderella was so excited God answered her prayer! Any my jaw hit the floor and I had to tell the Lord I was sorry for doubting.

So, as I head off to the beach (I know, you're sick of hearing it...) would you pray for us? That God would keep us safe, give us travelling mercies, and help us have a good time while we're away? Oh, and nice weather would be good too. Feel free to throw that in there.

And can I just tell you what a blessing this is? The place is BEACHFRONT. It's an air conditioned, two bedroom, self-contained APARTMENT, and we're getting it for sixty dollars a night! You can't even sleep in your car near the beach in the States for that price. Am I right? Let alone a beautiful apartment. Want to see a place similar to where we're staying? Click here. Did you see the sand from the window? And did I mention it's air-conditioned?? We serve a mighty God indeed!

And just in case you're wondering how to pronounce the name of the town Umdloti, it's Oom-shloh-ti. I know- it looks nothing like it. Phonics sure blew it on that one.

Have a great week!! I may try to post some pics while we're there, 'cause you know I won't stay away if I can help it. And because I want to rub it in your face show you how beautiful South Africa is. Sound like a plan? Great!

4 Comments:

  • Brenda

    Umdloti...Mexia, Texas....it's all good. Phonics don't apply to some towns! :)

  • Mary

    Enjoy. Consider the good weather - done!

  • Christina

    I love when God uses our little ones to show us how BIG He is and how little our faith can be. Thanks for sharing your "mommy moments!"

  • JulieMom

    So Brenda, how do you pronounce Mexia, anyway??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin