I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Birthday

Did you see how successfully I evaded involving myself with Fitness Friday last week? I know, I'm stealthy like that. Aren't you impressed? I wish I had a good reason for not being involved, but the only one i can think of is that I didn't do the assignment and therefore had nothing to contribute. But I am glad for all those of you who did it! Especially Megan who decided to start saying NO to things. Great idea!

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday. Since my real birthday is February 14th, and that day (for some unkown reason) is plagued by happy couples crowding all my favorite restaurants, we decided to celebrate early. We drove out to a mall the kids had never been to before, and we were there ALL DAY LONG. I think we left the house shortly after ten AM, and then didn't get home until six.

We ate lunch at a place called Ciao Baby Cucina. It's one of our favorite places to eat. It's especially nice because the prices are incredibly reasonable, the food is superb, and the service is great too. And they have a kid's menu, which is saying something. Most restaurants of this caliber don't have, and it's nice for the kids to get something they know they will like. Since it was my birthday we ordered an appetizer as well as meals. We got (our favorite) the Pesto and Pomodoro Focaccia. It is great! For my meal, I decided to try something new (since I didn't on Friday) and ordered the Filetto Al Gorgonzola, which is steak fillets literally smothered in gorgonzola cheese sauce. It's served with squash, vegetables, and mashed potatoes.

It was SO GOOD.

But the sauce was a little much, so I didn't eat more than one piece of one of the steak rounds. I had them box it up, sans sauce, to take home. The vegetables were more than enough to fill me up. Yum!

Then we wandered around the mall for a LONG time, just looking at all the shops. I bought a new swimsuit since it's the end of the season, and got it for half price. Yay! And I love it! (Which is saying something, since swimsuits and I usually do not play nice together.) Then we looked for the Prince some new pans because he has some that wrinkle WAY too easily and apparently his wife doesn't iron. And after literally searching every store three times, he finally found a pair.

While he was on the last leg of his quest, the girls and I holed ourselves up in a book stores, in the kids' section, and I read about 45,000 books aloud to them. And I think the staff thought we were moving in, because by this time we were carting around my swimsuit bag, the girls' bag with their new jackets in it, a bag with (can't believe we actually found some!) bagels and a water bottle, and my purse. Oh, and all our leftover food from lunch.

It was fun.

We tooled around a while longer, then went to Cinnabon for the Prince to get a cold coffee and the girls and I to share a bun. Yes, the four of us ate one bun, which was plenty of sugar for two small nations. Wowza.

When we got home later that night we ate bagels for dinner and leftover lunch food. Which was fine by me, since the Prince had made me breakfast in bed (by my request- but it's better than not!) and had cleaned the kitchen when he was done. I was just as happy not to mess up anything on that front.

But today is back to work as usual. Double day of school so we can get caught up from yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be taking an outing to the library. I have a story about that, but I'll save it for another day.

So, happy Monday!! How was your weekend?

6 Comments:

  • Mary

    Happy Birthday. You shared a bun? WOW - that is impressive - fantastic self control going on there.

    Nice one!

  • WendyMom

    Hey Mamma-

    Wish I was there to do the mall with you! And celebrate your Birthday and all.... keep your eyes out for that Christmas package- I guess I could double for your Birthday too since It's so late! Sorry...

    Things are as usual here- but going well- I will try and Skype you in the next few days and get caught up- Love you tons-

  • Brenda

    Happy Birthday Saturday JulieMom! Sounds like you had a great day! Any day that doesn't mess up your kitchen is good in my book. :)

  • Spesamor Academy

    Happy birthday!
    And I bet they DID think you were moving in, what with bringing your own food and all. LOL!


    BTW, you need to have a discussion with whoever comes up with your word verification, since the one I have to type in is... sespool (slightly misspelled, but still... the implication is there)

  • Victoria

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    Wrinkled PANS? Don't worry, I don't iron my husband's pans either:) Mostly cause they're MY pans and I can leave them wrinkled if I want to!

    Sorry, I normally would've over-looked that, but on your blog - it could have been true!:)

  • JulieMom

    Mary- Thanks so much!

    Wendy- You better call soon...

    Brenda- Not messing up my kitchen is, as my friend Erin would say, CLUTCH.

    Spesamor- I know! Who makes those up anyway? Mine right now is skingent. I don't even want to know.

    Vicki- Ha! Reminds me of the time we had guests coming and I IRONED THE SHEETS FOR THE BED because I heard a friend say hers were ironed. I thought that's what you did here when people came over.

    Turns out HER MAID irons for her. They laughed at me. Hard.

    Whatever. :0)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin