I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, February 13, 2009

Fitness Friday: Free to be ME Edition


This day has been rather busy. I actually made it to the gym this morning and worked out harder than I have the past few times I've been. I was happy about that. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact I saw my friend there, and she talked with me while I was on the treadmill, so the first twenty minutes flew by! Maybe I can hire her to do that for me every day. :0) Thanks Jeanine!

But then the Prince "made" me blow it. We had to run to the store on the way home so I could get some stuff for the after church dinner tonight, and he suggested I pick a piece of cake from the bakery for my birthday. So I did. And I split it with him when we got home.

At 9:30 AM.

Anyhoona, I wanted to let you all know that next week I may not post at all. Not just on Fitness Friday, but all week long. My family is super-blessed to be able to take a week off and GET AWAY! We will be going to Durban, which is on the east coast of South Africa. Ocean and everything!

We take off Monday morning (4AM people!) and will come home some time on Friday. I am excited about this trip for more than a few reasons. First of all, I got a new swim suit top. My old one looked terrible since it is too big now and I have to tie the straps, so I look like I have little loops sticking up on my shoulders. Not good. Plus, the attached shorts look like they're constantly filled with air. So attractive.

The new tops fits, it's pretty, modest, and comfortable. All around good deal! Oh, and it was fifty percent off! Fifty percent!

I also found a cute beach outfit. White capris and a tunic top that is brown and white. I'll post a pic next week if we're home in time. But just pray because I am now in my *ahem* feminine time. And these are the first white pants I have ever owned. Both pants and top were fifty percent off, so I got both for seventeen dollars!!

Third reason I am psyched is that I get to spend time with my family without having the stress of school, planning lessons for this week, or keeping a normal schedule. We will get up when we want, eat when we want, sleep when we want, swim when we want, play games when we want...you get the idea. And I CAN'T WAIT!! It's the first time we'll be away since my Dad came in April last year.

So I guess this post has nothing really to do at all with Fitness Friday. Except the new clothes I bought are the first ones I've bought here, and they are smaller than any of my US clothes. So that fits in somehow, right?

I feel like this was rambly and pointless, but it is also 10:30 the night of a really busy day. So maybe it's just me. If this was rambly and pointless, feel free to keep that to yourself. :0)

Oh, and my apologies to the two people who don't like the new design. It's staying. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe in a while when I get bored I'll change it again, but for now I love this one.

Have a great weekend with your family!!

3 Comments:

  • Great-Granny Grandma

    Hope you all have a great time!

    I wanted to leave you a comment on your "Your New Design" blog, but didn't see a link. It is very nice. I wish I could figure out how to do what I want to do with a second blog that I am starting. I guess I'll just have to learn HTML. :-(

    Do you design blogs for people? And if so, what do you charge? Actually I know what I want, but just can't figure out how to do it.

  • Brenda

    Yeah!!!I'm so glad you get a vacation! I've heard of those....

    Also, I must see your cute beach clothes and swim top. You can just take a picture of the actual swim top--you don't have to pose for me. :)

    Enjoy your week off!

  • Julie D

    I just wanted to let you know that I blogged about you and gave you some Linky Love:
    http://mom2ways.blogspot.com/2009/02/learn-love-and-link.html
    You can pick up a button at :
    http://www.5minutesformom.com/5519/learn-love-link-1/ that says "I am loved".
    Have a blessed day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin