I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Deep Thought Thursday: Love Them Like Jesus

Again, Casting Crowns is the inspiration behind the thoughts today. This song is really excellent. I love the message. Please have a listen.



Sometimes I don't reach out to others because I have no idea what to say. Either they're experiencing something I haven't, something that is terribly difficult to deal with, or it's an awkward situation, or I'm just not willing to open myself up to taking on another's burden.

But the logic of this song reminds me that it's not my job to have all the answers to the things neither of us understand. Sometimes God has reasons we will never know in this life. I don't have to impart wisdom or wax poetic about anything. I just need to love them like Jesus. Show them the way to the cross if they have never been.

I can offer my arms to comfort them while they cry. I can offer tears in empathy for a hurt, a disappointment, a fear, a loss. I can make them dinner, or offer to let them stay at my place. I can take their kids for a while if they need to deal with something on their own. I can offer prayers on their behalf and scriptures that mean something to me. There are so many things I can do without worrying about saying the wrong thing.

It's what Jesus would want me to do.

2 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin