I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Memory Lane

I spent the better part of the morning uploading a bajillion pictures onto Facebook. Pictures of me and my siblings when we were small, random stuff from drama club and band, and my old Sunday School class.

And I think the count on comments stands at 55. FIFTY FIVE!! People aren't so fond of seeing pictures of themselves from the 90s. Why is that? Could it have something to do with the pegged pants, big hair, and awkward tween years? My guess is that yes, those are all valid reasons.

So, I decided, why not share these treasures with my bloggy friends as well?? It's exciting, right? I promised excitement for today, and this is as close as I could get. It was freezing this morning, and rainy, and I cleaned the house while the kids did their rooms. No school because the laptop crashed. The school one. Not mine that was just fixed. But now it's better. Whew!

So, without further adieu, I present to you:

JulieMom's Old Photos and Stuff!!

High school play Harvey. I was the doctor's wife. And I was SKINNY!

My mad photography skillz again.

Sunday School Class. Wow. It gets worse.

In my Nan's back yard. Windmills are cool.

We look like a snobby rich couple, don't we?

Christmas sometime in the 80s.

Underoos!!
(For the sake of modesty I have covered my bro's skivvies. You're welcome.)

I told you. Worse.

My sis and I in Arsenic and Old Lace

There are other pics I could share, but I better save them for another (literal) rainy day. It seems weather affects my ability to write and think. Pictures are an easy cop-0ut. But they're fun, aren't they?

And as an added bonus I've included an original, extremely wordy ad for Underoos!

What more can you say? Wowza.

5 Comments:

  • Laura Lee

    Underoos rock!

  • Brenda

    Actually I can say quite a lot--are the children in that ad successful today? How much therapy did it take? :)

  • Brenda

    Hey! Scratch off number 6 on your to-do list!

  • JulieMom

    Yeah. I wonder about that too, Brenda. And how did it feel having a shirt tucked into underwear? I'm sure it was not a pleasant experience.

    I know I'M not going to try it!

  • impromptu-mom

    Could I have looked any angrier?
    I haven't though about Marie Huffman in a long time. She always made us those little slippers for Christmas.

    Memories!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin