I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Habits- Help!!


Let's pretend I have never tried to get my kids to stop doing the things they have as habits. Let's pretend I know nothing of the Bible or how to deal with bad habits. What would you suggest to help me get my kids to stop:

1. Sucking thumbs
2. Chewing on hair
3. Picking noses
4. Occassionally eating it.
5. Leaving things in random places on the floor.

So, let me have it! Help me out! I need some suggestions.

Thank you. You may resume your day.

3 Comments:

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    We had an awful time getting our twins, now 13, to stop sucking their fingers when they were babies. But we did it.

    We put socks on their hands when they were sleeping. When they were between 10 and 12 months, that helped. Then they realized they could just remove the socks!

    Next, there was this awful tasting stuff that is made specifically to stop toddlers from sucking their thumbs. I don't remember the name of it but it helped.

  • Mary

    Thumb sucking-http://www.mothernature.com/Library/bookshelfBooks50109.cfm(interesting tips)!

    As for the nose picking - please! As if we don't all have a go every now and then - what else can you do with that itchiness? Now, as for the occasional eating of the contents - Hmmm - is there any nutritional value?

    Not much help, I'm afraid. Thankfully non of my children where thumb suckers or public nose pickers or... actually they were perfect - or I was in a coma ;)

    This was a tongue in cheek post - right?

  • Laura Lee

    Julie,

    I was really hoping you'd get some pointers ((so I could steal them))!

    I have an eight-year-old who STILL sucks his thumb at night, and a six-year-old who sucks her fingers ALL DAY LONG!

    BTW: I once heard that kids boost their immune systems by eating boogers. I don't know if it's true, but my cousin, who used to stick his all over the wall near his bed instead, was one sickly boy. ;-D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin