I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Craft Day!

As promised, here are the pictures of our most recent craft day. They were in the Prince's laptop, as I originally figured. Whew! Glad they weren't send into the Great Abyss of Accidentally Deleted Pics. Not that I've sent pics there before, I've just heard about it.

Ahem.

First up is a bracelet kit that Sleeping Beauty received as a gift from one of our American visitors. Isn't that sweet? The kit contained bracelets (duh), glue, glitter glue, tiny itty bitty sequins (my favorite!), tinier little clear and pink beads (my other favorite!), ribbon, sequin ropes, and frustration.

Did I say that outloud? Oops.

We actually had a really good time making stuff. There wasn't much glitter glue/paint in the tubes, (considering they were less than two inches long) but we got remarkable use out of them. I won't do a play-by-play this time. You can just see how they came out.

Ok, I just realized I don't have any pictures of the final products, so you're gonna have to trust me when I say they TOTALLY ROCKED!! Ok?


Our second project (also a gift from visitors) was to make supercool stuff from Model Magic, a product from Crayola. It's like clay, but does not crumble or stain your hands. I can't describe exactly what it feels like, except to say "different". Was that helpful? Yeah, I thought so.

Anyway, you can mold it into any shape/design you want. You can cut it with scissors, a knife, or cookie cutters. Or you can just shape it with your hands, which is my preferred method. Then you leave it out all night and it "hardens and dries". It doesn't harden all the way like clay, but it does become un-moldable. Your design will stay. Here are some action shots of the girls using the "clay", and then some of the results.

Sleeping Beauty and her karate chop of death

Cinderella lovingly molding a whale.

Snow White looking at her first of ten (thousand) lady bugs.

A fish!

JulieMom's pathetic creations. Recognize anyone?

50,000 bonus points if you can name this movie character.

That's it! We had a lot of fun, and it was easy to clean up after. (Well, the beads weren't. I'm still finding them all over the house.) I highly recommend that Model Magic stuff. It was cool and definitely fun! If they had it here I would buy it.

Hope we inspired you to take the time to do a craft together. It's a good chance to chat as well. Have a great Tuesday! We're having company tomorrow, so I can't promise I will be posting. We'll see.

3 Comments:

  • Laura Lee

    Great pictures, Julie. I'm trying to s-t-r-e-t-c-h myself in this way ONCE each month to do a Family Craft Night, making gifts for the next month's birthdays, but I don't know if I can take it. We'll soon see!!

    By the way--TAG--you're it!

  • Mary

    I am just hoping my grown up kiddies wont think me mad(more than usually - that is) when I sit them down to do some craft with them. I am off to look for some of that molding putty thing.

    I can only think of one of those little puppies from 101 Dalmatians?

  • impromptu-mom

    Oh do we love Model Magic!

    Sydda has been playing with the colors that she received in her advent calendar, daily. We have this really cool black w/sparkles color that looks like the night sky and some fun glow-in-the-dark. It's really not messy either, which is always bonus, lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin