I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, December 22, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed!

No, this isn't our tree, remember?

Just thought I would let all my bloggy friends know that we are taking some time off. Some much-needed time off. We are at a friend's house in Rustenburg, which is a little more than two hours away, but feels like a whole other world. It's a peaceful place surrounded by mountains and great scenery (some of which I'll be sharing when we get home) and we are blessed to be here.

Our friends are hosting the missionary Christmas gathering, and we came a night early to rest and relax. (And kick their tails at Hand and Foot.) We will be getting together, three families, today to exchange gifts, have great food (in moderation of course!) and share fellowship and culture. It promises to be a wonderful time, especially since they have a gorgeous pool and I have three little fishies. :0)

So don't come looking for new material until at least Thursday.

Wait, that's Christmas. I am making no promises. Unless I get to upload pictures (which I doubt because I have neither the time nor the inclination) I won't be writing anything in the next few days. Because I am taking a break to be with my friends and family.

Surely you understand. And should be doing the same thing.

You can't make memories when you're alone with the computer.

Don't you love it when I tell you what to do?


God bless and Merry Christmas to you all!!!

5 Comments:

  • Mary

    You have a wonderful time. Many blessing to you and your family.

  • WendyMom

    God Bless you guys- have a great little break and thoroughly enjoy your time off. We love you and miss you- Merry Christmas!

  • Brenda

    Yeah, if I were out of town I wouldn't be on here either. But husband is at work and we are at home and it's just a regular day around here today.

    Those stockings in the picture need to all face the same way. Bugs me! :)

    Also, have a great Christmas!!!!

  • MaryD

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! If my terrible math and learning skills are right, it's already Christmas there. Enjoy it!

  • JulieMom

    Brenda- must be the defiant child's stocking that's hanging the wrong way. That way "Santa" will know to put the bad stuff in it...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin