I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

JulieMom's Top Ten BEST Christmas Movies- EVER!

So, yesterday's post was about the WORST Christmas movie EVER. But I was unfortunately reminded of others after the post was long since written. One that comes to mind (which you may or may not know exists) is Home Alone 4. Four?!? Yes, I said FOUR. Didn't that idea get old after the first one? Maybe it's just me, but a bratty kid plus French Stewart's twisted up face and nasal voice do not a fun hour and a half make. Especially not during Christmas time. *shudders*

Now I want you to know these are in no particular order. Not by which are my faves, nor by alphabetical order. (Although I have found this is the most fair way to list things so as not to offend anyone.) So here they are. In no particular order. Remember that.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Dr. Seuss, rhyme, adorable Whos. Enough Said.

2. Unaccompanied Minors

Surprisingly cute and clean. Great laugh out loud family movie.

3. A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott)
I'm sorry, but no other version compares. Not even the Flintstone one.

4. Elf
Stinkin' hilarious.

5. Rudolph Series of Movies
I don't know how many there are, but I love them all!

6. The Little Drummer Boy
Just a sweet Christmas classic. Love it.

7. It's A Wonderful Life
Wouldn't be Christmas without it!

8. White Christmas
Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Too good. Oh, and THE DRESSES.

9. Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas
Cute. Adorable. Who doesn't love woodland creatures?

10. A Christmas Story
Did you think I forgot? It was...SOAP...poisoning...

That's my list and I'm sticking to it. If suggested, I'd watch any of these at any given moment- Christmas or not. Love 'em all. So, what are some of your favorites?

7 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Charlie Brown Christmas- I love it! Linus actually quotes from Luke chapter 2 numerous times during the play- and who could forget that tree?

    Come on- I can't believe a show that actually spawned a term like, "Charlie Brown tree" didn't make your top 10 favs list!

    I laugh out loud NUMEROUS times when watching A Christmas Story, and I know this will shock you, but I've never seen the Danny Kaye/Bing Crosby one- maybe we'll rent it this year.

    An aside- I did not like the movie Elf- YUCK! It made me creeped out...

    Miss you and love you tons- hope you get our package in time....

  • Brenda

    I already mentioned Die Hard. I'm sorry--I love them.

    Charlie Brown is always good.

    Polar Express.

    And I like Trading Places too--although not as much as some others.

  • sjcall

    Hi Julie - I have lurked long enough, finally time to comment! I just could not let Emmit Otter's Jugband Christmas go by without agreeing that it is the best! Melanie and I lived for the evening during the Christmas season when we got to watch it! Classic Gift of the Magi-esk story, but so darn cute! One of my all time faves too!!!!
    Merry Christmas!

  • Victoria

    There was a Flinstone one? Personally, we love the Muppet version - hysterical. But, if you're looking for culture and accuracy - George C. Scott for sure:)

    Elf - you know, I have NO CLUE what that is, but I'm seeing it everywhere! Curiosity may just get the best of me.

    White Christmas - I have to admit - it's a must have at Christmas, but seriously - those OUTFITS - can't bring myself to let my kids see it.

    Love Clarence!

    #10 - Should be closer to the top!!! "You'll shoot your eye out!"

  • Aunt Bossy

    Oh yes--it's not Christmas without a Bossy family viewing of "A Christmas Story!" Did I tell you that we got Dad a mini leg lamp for Christmas last year? Oh, we so did.. "Frah-gee-lay--must be Italian!" Ha!

    I LOVE "Miracle on 34th Street." Not that I'm into Santa at all--we never believed in him--but I love this movie all the same. They get the house at the end--and Lord willing we'll get our house for Christmas this year, too. :-)

    I'm with Victoria--I think the Muppet "Christmas Carol" version is hilarious! Of course the better you know the original, the funnier the Muppet version becomes...

    And now that Brenda mentions it, the Die Hard movies do all happen during Christmas! I'd forgotten about that. (I really liked the 1st two...)

    And since it came out during the Christmas season a few years ago, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" has been added to my holiday favorite list.

    Great post, Jules--thanks for the happy thoughts this time! :-)

  • Mary

    Miracle on 34th street (both versions).

  • JulieMom

    Wendy- Charlie Brown is number eleven!!

    Brenda- What's 'Die Hard'? Never seen 'em.

    sjcall- Yes! A kindred spirit! :0)

    Victoria- Never seen the Muppet version either. Am I a dunce?

    Aunt Bossy- I love you.

    Mary- Never seen those either. Does that make me a communist??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin