I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Friday, December 05, 2008

Fitness Friday: What I Like About ME

Happy Friday to you all! Let me just start by saying that in the past two weeks I have worked out at the gym ONCE. (I feel your pain, Karly.) But I have to say we went to an amusement park the day after Thanksgiving, and that was a lot of walking. Don't be discouraged by my lack of discipline. (I know, Aunt Bossy, get my OWN motivation.)

Well, I had been praying for a gym buddy and not sure where I could find one, because the gym is expensive and not many people I know go. One friend who goes there takes her iPod and runs for twenty minutes. Not exactly my workout style.

Well, new people moved in next door. And yesterday I brought them cookies. (I know- but I only ate one.) The lady and I were talking and I found out she goes to my gym, but hates to go by herself. So do I! So, we will be going together. Yay! And it's also an opportunity to share the love of Christ with her. Bonus! I am looking forward to getting back to the gym. (Did that really come out of my mouth?!?) It will be nice to go with a buddy. And she's worked with a personal trainer before, so she has tips and tricks to share with me. She even offered to print out her eating plan for me. Now that's a buddy. LOL.

Anyhoona, getting to the topic at hand. What do I like about myself?

That's a loaded question. I'm glad Brenda clarified that it had to be something physical, because I could have listed at least THREE things I like about my personality/emotional self. *sigh*

Anyhoona, back to the topic at hand. I have a new picture to share. I think it looks like I've made progress. No laughing, ok? I am comparing it with a picture from a trip the Prince and I took for our anniversary two years ago. Get ready, 'cause here it comes.

I know it's not a great comparison because the first picture is small, and the umbrella hides a lot of my head, but I think even from the face/shoulder comparison there is a marked difference. Right? Or am I dreaming here? And I believe it's the same skirt. It used to hang nice because I filled it out. Now it hangs crooked because it's big. That's a good thing!

But in these pictures the part of me that I like isn't even visible. Can you guess what it is? Yep, my legs. And I feel really weird talking about this with Blogland. But I'll get over it for the sake of posterity. Is this for posterity? It doesn't matter. I like my legs because the have a shape. My ankles are defined pretty well, and I have definite muscle tone. That being said, I rarely wear things that show my legs. Why? Because I am trying to be modest. I wear work out shorts to the gym, and that's it. Other things I wear never go TO my knees, and definitely never OVER my knees. Besides, the Prince is a jealous guy and wouldn't want the attention focused there.

There is one more thing I like about me. My smile. And that's something that isn't going to change, no matter how much weight I lose, or gain. I look happy most of the time, because I am. I like to smile, and I am thankful that God blessed me with (mostly) straight teeth. A smile lights up a person's face, so if you don't smile often, you should! It's an instant way to brighten yourself up, and make yourself a bit more attractive. Try it!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

8 Comments:

  • Mary

    You are definitely not imagining it. You can so see the difference. And as for that smile of yours - a defining feature (a good one) for sure.

  • Luanne

    Umm yea...big difference in the face!!! Beautiful you are! I love your smile too. You are doing great! Keep it up :)

  • Terry @ Breathing Grace

    Yes, Julie, I can see the difference. You look great! Keep up the good work.

  • Brenda

    Oh man! I can't wait to compare pics of myself but I think I need to get a bit more fit before I'll notice a big difference. That's awesome about the skirt.

    I'm so glad you found a gym buddy. What a blessing!

  • WendyMom

    Oh yeah the difference is there for sure- you look so great!!

    And your smile is one of the things I like most about you too- you light up a room when you come in. And your laugh makes me laugh too....

    Love you friend!

    Nice, my character thingy I have to type in to leave this comment is "derhar"- just say it out loud once... you'll get it.

  • karly

    Oh yeah! I see the difference! Way to go! (Um yeah, and you should really get some smaller clothes that fit you better and hang right.) ;)

    And, how cool is that that you now have a workout buddy! Very cool! Keep us posted on that friendship!

  • Detroit

    LOOK AT YOU!! You are doing such a great job and yes you can totally tell the difference. I can even see a difference in your face from over the last couple of weeks! You continue to be such an inspiration! Blessings

  • aswewalk

    I SO see a difference! You look great!

    I hear you about discussing your personals in blogland. My first post was going to be about how I love my DD breasts. But then I realized a college boy follows my blog, and that would be totally inappropriate. He's already fighting a hundred temptations a day, I'm sure.

    So I stuck with my hair. Lol.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin