I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

And....It's Over

Yesterday, conservative Christian Americans held their collective breath while praying for a good outcome to the 2008 Presidential Election. There were months upon months of debates, fights, advertisements, denials and mud-slinging. Millions and millions of dollars were spent to endorse certain candidates and their ideals. And in the span of a day, by the will of the people, the whole direction of our country has been re-routed.

In a strange way, it kinda reminds me of my wedding. A whole year (or more) of planning, buying, sorting, organizing, decorating, being frustrated, and it's over in a day. Looking back I can't remember what I spent the money on, or really the whole planning process. Having been out of the country this past year, I can't say I have been inundated with campaign fodder. It's like the whole planning process passed me by, but I voted. Now it's over.

We must remember that no matter who sits on the "throne" of America, the One Righteous Judge is still on THE Throne. And we must take comfort in that fact.

More tomorrow for Deep Thought Thursday...

1 Comments:

  • Tiffany

    So, since it did not turn as you wanted does that make the presidential election result a "bad" outcome? I am stuck on the first sentence of your blog...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin