I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Voting: Not Optional


I know the time is drawing near when the next President of the United States will be chosen. It is a privilege to be able to be involved in the process. I know we all get sick of hearing the slam campaigns that mark all elections, and some of the issues get so confusing we don't know what or who to believe. But one thing we need to remember: I believe it is part of our Christian duty to vote.

When faced with the option of being involved in the process of helping to direct the future of our country, the future our children will be faced with, how can we decide that there isn't a candidate worthy of our support? I know no one is perfect. This is the world, though- not Heaven. And as long as we are on this Earth we need to take seriously the responsibility that comes with being given the right to be involved in the process of shaping our country.

I read an excellent post on this topic here.

If you aren't sure who to vote for, this will help you. While "Granny" doesn't go through a long run-down of reasons why or why not to vote for a candidate, she does a SUPERB job of reminding us WHY we vote in the first place, and what our responsibility is as Christians. I whole-heartedly agree with her.

Now, I encourage you to VOTE! I am in Africa. I got my absentee ballot, filled it in, and voted. Please read the article above, think about your Christian duty, and get to the polls! You will have done your part, and you will feel good about it.

1 Comments:

  • MemoriesMommy

    I agree, Miss Julie! As usual, you have hit the nail on the head. I saw a fabulously funny quote from one of our founding fathers that I feel speaks to this very issue. I never knew Abe was such a funny guy!

    "Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their backs on the fire and burn their behinds, then they will just have to sit on their blisters."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    I also saw a bumper sticker today that I wish I had. It said:

    PRAY, VOTE, PRAY!

    That sums it up, huh?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin