I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Count Your Blessing (Part Deux)

A while back I was just so overwhelmed with all the Lord was doing in our lives that the natural outpouring was to share it with the bloggy world. And now there's more! In the last post with this title, I was sharing how the daughter of one of our friends was moving back to Canada and giving us a bunch of stuff. The most exciting thing was the TRAMPOLINE.

It's now in our back yard and the girls would move their pillows out there if I would let them. And remember, we're in Johannesburg, SA so That. Will. Never. Happen.

Also, the Prince and I have been wanting to get a juicer. We haven't because of the prices, and we just weren't sure which one would last and what brand wouldn't die just after the warranty expired, etc. So wouldn't you know when I was on the phone to the woman (we'll call her Tina- because that's her name) she asked if we could use a juicer. Not one, but two. One for OJ, the other for everything else. God is so good!

And also that morning, my daughter Sleeping Beauty had asked if I could curl her hair. I didn't get around to it, because things were hectic. Tina (the woman on the phone) asked if I could use a set of electric curlers. Um, yeah! That was so cool.

Now, for the best part. Friends from the States and I have been meeting online (through Skype) to do a Bible study together. Last week's lesson was about being thankful. And I have been working on it. I had even come to terms about the hard drive crashing and losing all my photos and iTunes music, etc.

BUT...

the Lord saw fit to restore it all! My friend's husband who is a (nice, funny) computer geek worked on it, prayed over it and VOILA! My files will be on their way back to me with our missionary friends who are coming back in November.

Is God's timing truly amazing, or what? He is SO good.

And He would still be good if I never saw those photos again. But it's a little easier to be thankful this way. What can you praise Him for today?

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin