I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, September 08, 2008

God Always Knows, Doesn't He?


Well my Friends, welcome to another day full of drama in the life of the owner of the Green Honda. I think it craves excitement, and looks for any and all ways to be the center of attention. What did it do this time? Well, I'll tell you. But afterwards I'm sending it for counseling.

On Saturday the Prince took several college students to a Deaf soccer tournament held at a University some distance away. The princesses and I decided to hit the first Saturday of the month Urban Market hosted by the Urban Life Church our friends attend. It's a really great place to browse, get excellent prices on nuts and dried fruit, spices, etc.

We were enjoying ourselves immensely. We had just finished up watching the puppet show and went to grab seats for the dog show. (They had all kinds of dogs compete on a small obstacle course race. It was adorable.) Then we went leisurely to check out the dried fruit booth and gather some of that to bring home and surprise the Prince.

You might say at this point that things were going along a little TOO smoothly. See, I don't believe we've had an outing yet where one of the kids hasn't fallen and gotten hurt and bleeding, or had an accident if you know what I mean, or all of them gotten in a fight from being tired of walking. Yes, at this point I was becoming skeptical and had my doubts, but I was just trying to stay positive. But I did steel my eyes to be on the lookout for disaster.

So we climb into the Green Honda. The thrill-seeker, the car with the insatiable desire to be the center of attention. I held my breath as I started the ignition. It started smoothly, purring like a kitten. Undaunted, I backed out. Still fine. Hmm...

Pulling forward, I drove over a little bump in the parking lot and immediately heard a crunching/mettalic really bad sound. I stopped the car, leaving it running of course so it wouldn't refuse to go again, and got out. Looking under the car, and convinced I was going to see a major part hanging from the bottom, I was shocked to see that all was seemingly well.

So I jumped back in and started to drive forward. I don't think I need to describe the panic in Sleeping Beauty's eyes (she's seven going on 50) as a horrible grinding sound emanated from somewhere on the tricky and elusive side of the car.

Is this taking too long? Kinda like those bad novels I mentioned some time ago?

Anyhoona, two men helped me man-handle it over to the side and out of the way. It refused to drive any more. I was starting to despair, because I hadn't brought my cell phone. I only threw a little cash and my license in my pocket, thinking that would be all I needed.

WRONG!!

Well, two women stopped by and were getting ready to let me text the hubby. That's when I looked up and saw OUR MISSIONARY PARTNERS READY TO DRIVE PAST!! I flagged them down (rather easily) and told them (while trying not to cry for goodness sake) what happened.

Turns out it's an easy thing to fix, and if we had been on the road, we surely would have been in an accident and the car would be damaged again. And we could all have been seriously hurt. So I am thankful for:

1. It happening in a place where I was driving like 2 miles an hour.
2. That it's on a church's property that is electric fenced and guarded.
3. Our friends were there the exact time I needed them.
4. That Chris knows cars and knew what was wrong and how to fix it.
5. That the kindness of strangers would have helped me out even in a foreign country.
6. God always knows where I am and what I need.

So, it was a more exciting trip to the market than I had anticipated, but it's all fine now. God is as gracious as ever, and it will hopefully be fixed by Wednesday. Thank you for your prayers, especially those of you praying specifically for God to keep us safe. He hears you!!

Now would you pray for a million dollars? Just kidding!!

3 Comments:

  • Mary

    There's nothing wrong with praying for a million dollars!!! Only problem is you've got to be okay with the possibility that you might just hear a mighty big laugh come down from the heavens above.

  • Eaglemyst

    God is good...all the time. I'm happy to hear that the Lord met your needs and am excited in the list of acknowledgements in how He met your needs.

  • WendyMom

    Um- yeah- I'm glad for all those things too for my precious friend's sake! Next time make Prince take to trick car- he'll know how to keep it in line- it probably only act up on you 'cuz it's jealous you're so awesome! Love you- hope all is well there!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin