I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Count Your Blessings


I know some of you are probably missing all the snarky posts I usually make on this blog, but God has been so outrageously generous to us lately that I need to do a little bragging on Him. Ok? Ok.

You all already know about the Lunatic Green Honda Escape of 2008, so we'll skip the recap.

Other blessings:

1. Our neighbor's friend asked what is the difference between Pentecostals and whatever kind of Christian I am, and I was able to share with her what the Bible teaches. Then she asked for info about a local church. SCORE!

2. Our neighbors just asked if Jimmy could marry them. (He can't legally, just so you know.) They've been living together, and the man called me and asked about it, because the Bible says it's wrong, and they want God to bless their relationship. So, that was pretty awesome.

3. Our friends who are moving back to Canada in December have GIVEN us FOR FREE a trampoline for the back yard. The kids will be ecstatic when they find out about it. Fun!

4. Same friends have 'sold' us (CHEAP PRICES) paintings from their house that match our decor. We will be hanging them soon, and you better believe I'll be posting the pictures. They have also just given us a BUNCH of candles that we can use to decorate. And they smell nice. Bonus!!

5. We have a friend of a friend who sells discount electronics and were able to get something to play the kids' DVDs for homeschooling for a great price.

6. The Prince's Dad is out of the hospital and in a rehab center, hopefully strengthening his legs for when he goes home. He has started a rehab program, so praise the Lord he is doing alright.

7. We started doing our weight lifting program at the gym today and I think I'm in love. Can I just share that I LOATHE cardio? Weight training I can handle. GO ME!

By the way, as a little side note, you may have noticed I have deliberately NOT mentioned the results from the Red Machine of Death at the gym. Remember? It's the one that told me I was fat and out of shape.

When we checked in again at the end of last week, after: watching portion sizes, NOT having dessert at all, and doing cardio almost every day, that machine had the audacity to tell me that I had GAINED .2 pounds, and that my body fat WENT UP .2%!!

It also said I was 6' 5", blonde, and a man.

Ok, I made that up but you get my point. I think the readings were a little off. Don't you?

So, what blessings have you counted lately?

2 Comments:

  • Brenda

    Let's see..husband started his new job for a LOT less money and then we found out the health insurance will be 1/3 of what we thought. Yeah God!

  • Mary

    Wow, that's unlike Brenda to weave in a bit of sarcasm - what's with that? Unless, she really is thankful for challenges - they do make you grow after all.

    Thank you for reminding us that we should do some God bragging every now and then. Will make a post soon. Pop on over anytime.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin