I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Deep Thought Thursday: My Prayer Today


Give me one pure and holy passion.

Give me one magnificent obsession.

Give me one
glorious ambition for my life,

To know and follow hard after You.



To know and follow hard after You.


To
grow as Your disciple in Your truth.

This world is
empty, pale and poor

Compared to
knowing You my Lord,

Lead me on and I will run after You.


Jesus, lead me on and I will run
after You.

~Mark Altrogge

3 Comments:

  • Erin

    AMEN!
    To know and follow hard after the Lord is ALL life is about!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the encouragement!
    I love Deep thought Thursdays!!!!!
    e

  • Mary

    WOW! To think that beautiful song was written in 2000. It's beautiful. I'll pass the song on and give it a revival.

    Have a great weekend.

  • Mary

    Excuse me! Where is my recipe for this weekend?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin