I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Monday, July 07, 2008

A Little Progress


Well, since the post last week on budget revisions, I have gone through my recipes and put them into categories. And I weeded out the ones I have never made, the ones only I like, and the ones that are made with things we can't get here. Then I went to a website my cousin Suzanne recommended, and found excellent helps there. You can check it out here.

They have links to other sites that may or may not be helpful for you, but I found it all extremely informative. One thing I may do is buy a downloadable program that organizes my recipes (which I will have to painstakingly enter) by category which I can then plug into the meal planner.

This program also generates a shopping list. That's helpful, and a time saver. It's good on the budget because only the things I need for the week's (or month's) cooking will be on the list. And I can send it to hubby's PDA so I won't even need to bring a paper list!!

My next step will be to get these recipes from cards into a usable interface- such as the above-mentioned program, or into a spreadsheet or something. Then after that (if I don't purchase a program), I will create my own system for planning. I like MS Excel, so I will probably formulate something with that.

Anyway, lots of work ahead. Necessary work. Helpful work. Budget-friendly work.

I wasn't telling you, I was reminding myself.

And I know I asked already, but since some of you were confused, or suggested multiple meals with mac-n-cheese (which is outrageously expensive here) or had no ideas at all, I will ask again (and maybe you can pass the request along to your friends):

How do you handle meal-planning in your house, and what are some of your favorite recipes?

Other wbsites you might like to check out are:
Meals Matter
Hillbilly Housewife
Living On A Dime
Just Tell Me What To Cook!
Meals.com
Once A Month Cooking

0 Comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin