I Chronicles 29:11 "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all."

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Deep Thought Thursday: How Far is Too Far?

Let me start this post by apologizing to anyone who clicked the Piano Paula link in my sidebar before today. Aunt Bossy was kind enough to let me know it probably was not the right link, and when I checked it out, EGADS! It surely wasn't. I simply forgot to put the blogspot part in the web address when adding my good friend Piano Paula. But it is all fixed now. No worries. (And no icky.) So go visit her and be relieved I'm not a weirdo. Whew! (Thanks Aunt Bossy.)

Getting on with today's post.

2Timothy 3:1-5 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. (2)For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, (3)Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, (4)Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; (5)Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

I have been reading an historical fiction series about the holocaust. It doesn't go into detail about what took place in concentration camps, but focuses more on the details of the political parts of history. I have been sickened when I think too much about it.

But it raises a question in my mind: Did the Jews really think Hitler would just let it go?

Over and over again you see the Jews holding on to the hope that it will all stop at some point. When things first started happening in Germany, it was a slow process. Little by little they dehumanized the Jews, until they were compared to monsters, monkeys, and subhumans. The Nazis changed a law here, a restriction there, told a lie here, a lie there, until the Jews were blamed for every negative thing that happened, and shunned by every person who valued their life.

And what scares me is that I see the same thing in America. Only this time the target is those who believe in Jesus as Savior and choose to tell other people about it.

There are those who would love to see followers of Christ persecuted, silenced, stopped. They work hard to demonize them in the media. They have told lie after lie, they have changed laws, policies, excluded God from schools, and now the military Chaplains cannot even pray in Jesus' name! In Canada preachers have been arrested for speaking out against the homosexual agenda and abortion. In California, Homeschooling has been deemed illegal unless you have a teaching certificate.

And just like the Jews back in Nazi Germany, I feel like Christians in America are waiting for it to all just blow over.

I don't think that's going to happen. America is supposed to be a free country where people have the right to voice their opinion. And as Christians who believe in eternal life with Christ, it should not only be a right, but a duty!

So, do you know about the issues facing America right now? Are you doing anything about them? How far is too far? How bad will it have to get before we wake up and realize it's only going to get worse? Does your Pastor have to get arrested? How about your husband, or yourself? Do your kids have to be taken away?

Probably you are reading this and thinking: "You are crazy. JulieMom, you're just an alarmist, paranoid. That would never happen in America. No one in my neighborhood walks around with signs saying they hate Christians, or swastikas on their arms."

Maybe you're right, but I can't help the feeling that overwhelmed me as I was reading about Hitler and his hatred for the Jews. Remember, it's the same Enemy behind all the hatred.

How far is too far for you?

4 Comments:

  • WendyMom

    Well spoken- just do a google search on how Christians are persecuted in other countries- homeschooling is illegal in Germany and when they take the kids from the parents- they take them to the "psychiatric hospital" for evaluation. Like being raised a Christian is a mental illness that needs to be deprogrammed! It's only a matter of time before we start to see that stuff here too.

    I pray for the Lord's hand of protection, knowing the Bible says it will continue to get worse as the end times approach- whew!

    Thanks for the deep thoughts today!

  • Jennifer

    Great blog! I just moved to Jo'burg from the states for a five month internship with World Vision! It was wonderful to stumble across another American's blog about the area! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!
    www.howtosavethekosmos.wordpress.com

  • Brenda

    I't already too far for me!!! After I watched "Silencing the Christians" it all came into focus way too clearly. I see it all the time now in everything. And I fear, like you said, that most do not see it.
    http://www.silencingchristians.com/

  • Victoria

    You're NOT crazy, Julie!! If so, I'm just as crazy to see it, also and I'm usually one who likes to focus on the silver lining rather than the cloud.

    Sometimes, I wish I were in Africa. Although, I am grateful for America I worry too much about the future!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin